How Much Does an Oven Cleaning Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Oven cleaning is the process of getting rid of your oven residue and spills that have occurred when cooking. There are a few ways to clean your oven. First, most ovens have a self-cleaning mode that uses high heat and steam to clean the inside of the oven. There are also different products that you can buy which are capable of dissolving the grease and burned spots. Lastly, professionals can be brought in to clean as well.
How much does it cost?
- On average, most companies are going to charge anywhere from as little as $40 to as much as $125 per oven cleaning. The costs will come down to the type of oven, the number of ovens if more than one, the complexity, contractor and geographical location.
- At Ovencleaningdevon.com, cleaning a single oven costs $40 to $60 while cleaning a double oven costs $50 to $75.
- Most oven cleaning products can cost from $3 to $10 at a local store. These will be harsher chemicals than other kitchen cleaners, so make sure you follow the handling instructions with care.
What is going to be included?
- If you hire a professional service to clean your oven, it can look as good as new when finished. Not only will the interior be clean, but oven detailing usually includes the removal of the oven door and all internal parts. They also clean the light cover and make the oven look new again. The cleaning of the racks, grill, and pan should also be included.
- Their price is based on the size of the oven and the number of burners the stovetop has.
- All removable parts are taken out where they are cleaned in a custom made heated tank where the grease and burnt food deposits are erased. A special formula is then applied to the interior to remove all traces of carbon, grease, and fat.
- The doors are then removed and split so that they can be cleaned thoroughly. Carbon behind the fan is then removed since it may eventually cause a fire.
- After cleaning everything, the oven is re-assembled, polished, and degreased.
- Most jobs should not take any longer than two hours.
- If you purchase oven cleaning products, they should be able to fight and dissolve grease and good build up in the oven.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred when you hire a professional cleaner to clean your oven. This would cover the cost of labor and related expenses.
- As stated above, double ovens often cost more than a single.
- For other services aside from the oven cleaning such as oven repair, additional costs may also be required. This may include the purchase of materials and supplies, use of tools, and labor for the repairman.
- If you live miles out of the city, it may be more expensive for the service to drive to your home.
- Cleaning the oven yourself will require the use of scrub pads.
Tips to know
- Shop around for the cost of oven cleaning in your area. You can visit shops or make phone calls or visit websites offering oven cleaning services. You can then ask for price quotations and compare costs and services provided. This will enable you to choose the best deal. If you do not know where to get quotes, consider quote search engines such as HomeAdvisor.com. Most are able to give you a quote right over the phone.
- Read up or ask for tips on how to properly clean your oven after each use. This way, you will be able to maintain the good condition of your oven with or without a professional cleaner.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by cleaning the oven yourself instead of hiring someone to do the job for you. For example, some cleaners that are highly rated only cost $5-$15.
- Invest in a professional oven cleaning service so that you can save costs in the long run.
- If your oven is still under warranty, check with the store to see if they will provide a cleaning or at least give you a discount for being a loyal customer.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.