How Much Does the Paul Mitchell School Cost?
The Paul Mitchell School is an institution designed to teach the necessary skills to an individual who is pursuing a career in the beauty salon industry. Paul Mitchell is a legendary hair designer and salon innovator who has trained hair designers in almost every part of the world. Paul Mitchell also has a line of beauty products that has been very popular and widely used. The Paul Mitchell School offers different courses or programs, and each course will have its own cost.
How much is it?
- According to the official website of Paul Mitchell, PaulMitchell.edu, the school currently offers 4 major courses focusing on different aspects of the salon industry. The price for the Aesthetician and Skin Care specialist program can range anywhere from $8,500 to $9,000 depending on your location. This particular program will last for five months.
- Another program that Paul Mitchell is offering is cosmetology, barber/styling, and nail instructor. The price for this program ranges from $1,785 to $2,000, while a nail technician, specialist, and manicurist program can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $2,750. Each program lasts up to 3 months.
- According to the website CompleteSchools.com, a user there had claimed that it can cost upwards of $21,000 for the entire program. It will take about a year to complete the entire program and graduate. Keep in mind that each state is going to vary with the minimum hours that you’re going to have to put in, in order to graduate.
What are the extra costs?
- All of the courses that you will take require the use of textbooks and workbooks. These books consist of theories and practical workbooks, exam reviews, and even a coloring book. The books are priced anywhere from $20 to $100 on top of the tuition fees.
- Optional accommodations are also provided by the company. If you decide to live on the campus, you may have to pay up to $11,000 for room and board.
What is going to be included?
- The payment will include the lesson that will be taught to you by the instructor. Also, the use of the facilities as well as some equipment for practical exams will also be included with the tuition. Upon graduation of the course, you will learn all the fundamentals necessary in order to get a job in the industry.
- Graduation from this institution looks great on your resume and may make it easier to get a job in the industry.
How can I save money?
- Look within your area to check if there are any available schools that can offer the programs Paul Mitchell School offers. There are many alternative programs that can offer the same courses for a fraction of the cost. With the Paul Mitchell school, the student is going to be paying more for the name rather than the education.
- If the school is close to your home, there is no need to pay for room and board.
- Most beauty schools can accept some sort of school loan. Consider using sites such as SimpleTuition.com to start the student loan process so that you don’t have to pay all of the money up front.