How Much Does Petsmart Dog Training Cost?
Petsmart, a leading pet supply retail chain, offers a variety of dog training courses, which are held inside of the retail store. The store offers training courses for dogs of all ages and skill levels.
How much is it?
- The costs will depend on the type of training class you choose. Just about every course, with the exception of private lessons, will cost about $119 for a six-week course. Private lessons will cost $49 per 30 minutes or $89 per hour. Four-hour sessions can be purchased for $219.
- A personal training camp can cost $35 per 30 minutes and $120 for two hours.
- Prices can be confirmed on the official Petsmart.com website.
Petsmart offers the following types of classes: puppy training, beginner training, intermediate training, advanced training, private dog training, personal training camp and trick training. All courses are taught by skilled and accredited dog trainers.
- Puppy training is designed for puppies younger than five months old. The class is six weeks long and will encourage your puppy with good behaviors and help strengthen a bond. This class teaches simple cues, basic manners and helps your dog socialize.
- Beginner training courses are designed for dogs ages five months or older. These classes will be six weeks long and will be designed for older dogs that have no training. This course teaches simple cues, basic house manners and loose-leash walking.
- Intermediate training will help develop a dog’s ability to learn behaviors using distance and distractions. To take this class, the dog must have passed with the puppy education class or have a comparable skill level. This course is six weeks long. This will incorporate new commands such as “heel,” wait,” and “go to bed.” It will also review learned behaviors and practice behaviors with distractions.
- The advanced training course is six weeks long and helps strengthen a dog’s reliability. A graduation degree is earned and the dog must have passed the intermediate level to take the course. Covering cues and behavior taught in previous courses will be taught, making the dog much better. This course will teach your dog to learn most commands without the need of treats.
- Personal training is one on one training and is done during a pet’s hotel stay. Each session will last one hour, and there is no “set” path. Each dog will have its own lesson plan.
What are the extra costs?
- Upgrading to new class levels will lead to more fees.
Tips to know:
- Before starting the course, talk to the trainer ahead of time to see how much training he or she has. While you don’t need experience to become a dog trainer at Petsmart, you will need to complete a dog training school. According to those who did work behind the scenes, trainers stick to a handbook and memorize what to do. The classes are meant to be for basics and shouldn’t be used for behavioral issues. With that all being said, trainers will vary from store to store.
- During a training session, dogs must remain on their leash.
- Because of liability issues, dogs will not be able to play with other dogs
How can I save money?
- Check with the local city or private dog training courses. Get at least three quotes to see what these companies can do for your dog. Remember that while you don’t want to pay too much, don’t focus solely on the price tag. Try to find a trainer with experience and a good reputation.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.