How Much Does Petsmart Grooming Cost?
The nationwide pet store, PetSmart, offers grooming packages for dogs and cats. According to Petsmart, all dogs and cats will receive a hands-on card from academy-trained and safety-certified experts.
How much is it?
- According to PetSmart, its base package costs are dependent upon the breed; the length and condition of its coat; and the length of the service. The full-service grooming prices range anywhere from $17 for a smaller dog to as much as $48 for a larger dog. A simple bath and brush for a younger puppy will cost $10 to $20.
- A cat bath and brush will cost around $30 for a short hair and $45 for a long hair.
- Some members on MyCorgi.com stated they paid anywhere from $40 for a bath and trim to $20 for a simple bath.
What is going to be included?
- Their staff consists of stylists and groomers who have acquired pet academy training and undergo annual safety certification in the grooming and care of pets.
- Petsmart offers the following services: a bath and brush package; bath with haircut; teeth brushing; nails; and face and eye care.
The base package for all pets includes the following:
- Oxygen-infused bath
- Shampoo washing and blow drying
- Brushing for 15 minutes
- Hair removal, ear cleaning, and flushing (if necessary)
- Scissoring feet and pad shaving (for dogs)
- Sanitary trim
- Nail trim for cats
- Anal gland cleaning (for dogs)
What are the extra costs?
- The base package can be upgraded to include special services like owner’s choice of premium shampoo for dogs and whitening shampoo for cats, a milk bath conditioner, spritz of scented cologne, teeth brushing, breath freshener, and aromatherapy for cats. Adding personalized shampoos can cost $7 to $17 while adding the FURminator add-on can be an additional $5 to $15.
- During a grooming session, they can add tick or flea products. This can cost $15 to $25.
- Upon request, the stylist will add a cute bandana or bow.
Tips to know
- PetSmart advises that you first bring your dog or cat in for a free consultation so that they could assess the condition of your pet’s coat, nails and other body parts. From there, they will be able to offer an estimate.
- To book a grooming appointment, call the nearest PetSmart in your area or you can book online through PetSmart’s store locator page. Please note that you will need to sign up for a PetPerks account to use this service.
- It is important to book ahead of time, especially during weekends.
- All grooming services come with a “Look Great Guarantee.” If you’re not happy with your pet’s appearance, they will repeat the service to get the look right or refund your money.
How can I save money?
- Take advantage of special offers. The official website often has special discounted deals and coupons.