How Much Does Picture Framing Cost?
Picture framing is a process done to a photo, piece of art, or important document to display, preserve, and protect it. Pictures frames come in all different shapes, sizes, and styles. Some can hold multiple pictures while others only hold one. Some may come in a standard size while others can be special ordered to your specific measurements. Most frames are meant to hang on the wall or stand on a shelf.
How much is it?
- The cost to have a picture frame will depend on the size of the photograph/art piece, the picture frame being used, the shape of the piece and company doing the framing. On average, plan on budgeting anywhere from $80 to as much as $400 to have a picture framed.
- If the art is on the higher-end and requires careful attention, the prices can often yield price tags as high as $1,000.
- EugenePictureFraming.com is an online company that claims to have the lowest prices in picture framing services since they do not have employees and the business is a sole proprietorship type. According to their website, the total cost to have a picture framed would depend on size of the picture, the custom frame, and price of the artwork. The service itself can range from $85 to $225.
- KeystonePictureFraming.com is another company that offers picture framing services. The site also offers different designs of frames as well as various glasses from which you can choose. The price for their services can range anywhere from $150 to $325.
What is going to be included?
- When you get picture framing services, you will be given an option to choose from a variety of frame designs the establishment has to offer. The frame will also come with a glass panel that will act as the cover to protect the photograph from scratches. Most photographers will offer an initial consultation asking exactly what you want. This is your chance to pick out the frame color as well.
- It does not take a very long time to frame a picture as long as nothing needs to be ordered. Depending on the size and complexity of the frame design, the amount of time to complete framing can be a few hours to a few days.
What are the extra costs?
- Most companies offer a variety of frames from which you can choose and each type of frame as well as the type of edge is priced differently. Frames that are pre-made will cost the least; special order frames will be more expensive.
Tips to know:
- Framing your picture is one way to preserve it which means it will last longer. Framing will prevent dust and moisture build up that can destroy the picture and therefore destroy its sentimentality. Also, a framed picture can enhance the appearance of a room since each is usually designed elegantly.
- As mentioned above, higher-end frames are going to cost more than the cheaper lower-end frames.
How can I save money?
- Framing a bigger picture can take a lot from you, so you may really have to acquire picture framing services. But if you only need to frame smaller photographs, you can purchase picture frames wherein you will be able to frame the picture yourself. This is much cheaper than having it framed through service providers.
- A lot of picture framing services offers discounted rates for the framing. They can offer as much as 30% discount off of the total price of the framing service. Check with popular chain stores such as Michaels. This store commonly offers 30 to 50 percent off coupons.