How Much Does the Port Jefferson Ferry Cost?
The Bridgeport & Jefferson Port Steamboat Company operates year-round with several trips each day. There are three ferry boats: the Park City, P.T. Barnum, and the Grand Republic. These ferries carry passengers, vehicles and other kinds of light freight.
How much is it?
- The costs will depend on the type of passenger, what’s coming on board and if it’s a one-way or round trip ticket. An automobile with a driver will cost $56, while an automobile with unlimited passengers will run $75. A foot passenger will cost $18 one-way and $27 round-trip.
- Senior citizen rates will be $15 one way or $20 for the round trip.
- As for vehicles, the rates can range anywhere from $82 to more than $185. The costs are based on size, weight, and type of vehicle. Children younger than 12 years old are free.
What is going to be included?
- The Port Jefferson ferry trip takes about one hour and 15 minutes. The ferry travels between Port Jefferson, New York and Bridgeport, Connecticut through the Long Island Sound. The company loads at least 85 vehicles per every trip. The company’s ferry is considered as the highway route across Long Island.
- Each ferry provides amenities with a variety of options. There is a lounge area for passengers who are 21 years or older.
What are the extra costs?
- Special celebrations, such as birthdays, can be celebrated on the boat. The company has special package pricing.
Tips to know:
- There is an unlimited passenger special for weekdays, which cost $75 each way.
- You must be at the port at least 30 minutes before departure time.
- The ferry service requires that all vehicles must be in line and ready to load 15 minutes before departure time or else, the reservation will be forfeited and a vehicle would be considered a standby.
- Children must be escorted by an adult.
- Pets are allowed on the ferry at no additional cost. All pets must be leashed or kept in a pet carrier. Pets are permitted in the back and upper decks are permitted to stay in the main cabin.
- Reservations are encouraged. If you have no reservations, you will be considered a standby.
- Keep vehicle windows closed to protect vehicle interiors from sea spray and mist conditions.
- Passengers with special needs must let the docking staff know ahead of time before boarding.
How can I save money?
- Browse the official website at 8844ferry.com and take advantage of the company’s special promotions, tour packages and special events throughout the year.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.