How Much Do Pretzels Cost?
Pretzels are popular because they are convenient, easy to eat, and provide that salty crunch that people are looking for in a snack. Also, most pretzels provide a healthier option to chips. Pretzels come in many different forms. If you are looking for hard pretzels, these can be purchased in your store’s chip aisle. Pretzels can come in thick rods, small sticks, the traditional pretzel shape, braids, and other fun shapes. All of these pretzels can be found with or without salt.
How much does it cost?
- With so many types of pretzels out there, plan on spending anywhere from as little as $1 for a basic pack of pretzel sticks to as much as $12 per pound for chocolate pretzels.
- For instance, an 8-ounce pack of yogurt covered pretzels costs $2.29. This can be bought from Stevesgourmetconfections.com
- Chocolate covered pretzels are sold by the pound for $11.99 at 21food.com. These pretzels are packed in bags or per pound.
- Bulk packs, such as this 36 bag variety pack retails for $18 per box, which comes down to $0.50 per bag. Each bag is 1.5 ounces.
- Specialty pretzels sold in the mall, such as at Auntie Anne’s, can cost $2.50 to $4.50 per pretzel.
- For those people who love pretzels but have a wheat allergy, there are gluten free pretzels available. They are more expensive than traditional pretzels, however, costing from $3 to $7 per bag.
What is going to be included?
- Pretzels can come in different sizes and flavors. Aside from the regular pretzels, you can choose from plain ones, lightly salted or extra salty. You can also get pretzels that are light or dark in color. These pretzels can be in sealed packs, tins or boxes.
- While most pretzels are made using only salt, there are other kinds that have flavors. Some popular flavors include honey mustard or garlic. Soft pretzels can come rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- If you need dark chocolate, white chocolate, or milk chocolate covered pretzels, you can also buy those online and you can buy them in packs as well. Chocolate covered pretzels come in many varieties as well – you can even get pretzels M&Ms!
- Pretzels commonly come in 16-ounce packs in a plastic bag. However, specialty pretzels can be sold by the pound.
What are the extra costs?
- A shipping fee may not be included in the cost, so you would have to pay for extra for delivery if the pretzels are ordered online.
- If you want your pretzels in customized flavor other than the original pretzel, you may have to pay for an additional cost for this.
- If you order a soft pretzel at the mall or concession stand, you can purchase different dips. The most common is nacho cheese, but some people prefer deli mustard or butter garlic dip.
Factors that influence the price
- Weight. Pretzels are sold in different volumes. The heavier the weight of a pack is, the costlier it would be. Look at the “price per unit” that should be listed near the price. You should be paying less per unit for a larger bag!
- Flavor. Pretzels can also be sold in different flavors. If you want to put an upgrade on the flavor of your pretzel, the price would definitely be higher compared to the regular pretzel.
Tips to know:
- You can actually get different kinds of pretzels according to the preference of your taste buds. If you want to try and taste different flavors of pretzels, you can buy them in small packs at first so it would not be that much of a waste if you do not like the taste of some.
How can I save money?
- If you want to buy pretzels and just stock it at home to munch on every now and then, there are actually broken down pretzels which taste absolutely the same, but cost much less.
- Buying in bulk can help you save. Check with your local wholesale clubs such as Costco to take advantage of bulk discounts.
- Look for pretzels with marked down prices so you can save more when you buy them. Aside from marked down prices, do not forget to look for weekly sales and coupons for leading manufacturers.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.