How Much Does Rolex Watch Repair Cost?
Rolex repair is important in maintaining the functionality of the watch. Rolex timepieces are recognized for their prestige. The watch is also famous for its being a piece of mechanical marvel and craftsmanship. Making sure that it is properly maintained is one way to protect the investment. In cases when a Rolex repair service is needed, it is critical to choose a certified Rolex dealer.
How much does it cost?
- The cost to have a Rolex repaired will depend on the repair being done, the exact model, your geographical location, the service provider and whether it’s a third-party or authorized dealer. Most authorized repairs will be in the $700 to $2,500 range. The cost can be near the higher end if parts need to be replaced. If the watch only needs to be overhauled, the cost will be near the $700 range; however, if you were to use a watchmaker who is unauthorized, the costs for an overhaul could cost $275 to $450.
- The Watch Buyers Group in Pasadena, California, offers Rolex repair services for $395 with a turnaround time of one to three weeks. The cost includes full service, full polish, gasket replacement, pressure test, and timing test. The service fee also comes with a three-year warranty and includes free roundtrip insured UPS shipping.
- At QualityTyme Rare & Fine Timepieces in Saint Petersburg, Florida, the typical cost of a Rolex repair resulting from the loss of the watch’s water resistance and requiring movement replacement can run anywhere from $2,000 to $2,500.
A Rolex repair service will typically include the following steps:
- The case will be opened and the movement will be removed. Once removed, the case will be disassembled.
- The movement will be dismantled and will be ultrasonically cleaned.
- A watchmaker will examine and replace the components when necessary. If you choose an authorized dealer, he or she will only use genuine parts.
- The functional components of the movement will be lubricated to minimize friction and prevent wear.
- The watchmaker will adjust the balance wheel and electronically test its timing accuracy to ensure its performance.
- The case and the bracelet of the watch will be refinished and all worn or damaged components will be replaced.
- Once the steps above are completed, the case will be reassembled and will be sealed to guarantee the waterproofness.
- Lastly, a watchmaker will test the watch to ensure that it meets pressure-resistance requirements through a vacuum test, a compression test, and a condensation test. A final check will be done by verifying the components against manufacturing specifications.
What is going to be included?
- Most reputable repair shops will include some sort of warranty that can last anywhere from 90 days to as long as five years.
Tips to know:
- Genuine Rolex repair services use only authentic parts when servicing the timepiece. Make sure that the provider you choose has extensive experience in repairing Rolex watches. It is also recommended to find technicians who are accredited by the American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute (AWCI) and are members of the National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors (NAWCC).
- Only authorized Rolex retailers are allowed to maintain a Rolex watch. You can find the nearest retailer by using the store locator provided at the Rolex website.
- Following a complete service, a Rolex watch is c1ioration due to mishandling of the watch or accidents. The service guarantee becomes void after an intervention of a non-Rolex-authorized third party or if parts and accessories that are not manufactured by Rolex are added.
- Some Rolex repair service providers offer a comprehensive 36-month warranty on all Rolex watches less than 14 years old, a 24-month warranty for units under 20 years old, and a 12-month warranty for watches older than 20 years.
- Experts recommend a Rolex is serviced every three to five years.
How can I save money?
- Have your Rolex serviced according to the recommendations made by the manufacturer. Likewise, choose a service provider that is authorized by Rolex to ensure that the job is done right the first time.
- Find a Rolex repair service that covers the cost of shipping in both directions.
- A third-party unauthorized dealer will be cheaper; however, this will void your warranty.