How Much Does a Shark Bites Piercing Cost?
A shark bites piercing includes four piercings on the lower lip — two piercings on the left and another two piercings on the right.
How much is it?
- On average, the cost depends on the geographical location, experience of the piercer and accessories used. Most of the time, it’s going to cost about $20 to $30 for EACH piercing. This price won’t include the higher end jewelry. Since there will be four piercings, the costs will be about $80 to $125 total.
What is going to be included?
- Shark bite piercings are currently trendy, and they are somewhat the newer kind of lip piercing. They are classified under the category of “4 piercings.” They are quite comparable to the spider and viper designs of lip piercings, with these two piercings very close together on both rears of the lower lip, resulting in four piercings. The external appearance looks like two sets of incisor teeth. Another name used for “shark bites” is “double snake bites.” It’s a style that can be played up or down, and it is also a creative way to beautify your smile or “pouty” expression.
- There are plenty of jewelry options: gemstones, bead rings, crystals, spikes, ball ends, labrets, lip loop rings, circular barbells, and most come in various pretty colors.
- During the procedure, the artist will disinfect the area and then use a hollow needle to pierce into the cartilage of your bottom lip. After the piercing is done, the jewelry will be inserted.
What are the extra costs?
- Piercing costs often include common lip jewelry, but jewelry upgrades can increase the costs. Most pieces will cost anywhere from $10 to $35.
Tips to know:
- Shark bites piercing comes with a bit of pain and may be harsh on some occasions because there are four piercings that have to be done. The healing times requires two ways to avoid infection and swelling. You must brush with a new toothbrush and must keep your mouth as clean as possible with the right oral care. You can also take in vitamin supplements rich in vitamins B, C, and zinc.
- Ask for recommendations from friends or people who know of reputable piercers. Check out the piercing studio you choose. Make sure it is licensed by your local health department. The Association of Professional Piercers provides a comprehensive guide on how to pick a reputable piercer on location. Once you chose a studio, ask questions so you get to know more about their skills. Ask about the years of experience, and request to see their before-and-after photograph of past work.
- Shark bites piercings may result in dental problems, damaging gum tissues and cause cracking of teeth.
How can I save money?
- Some piercers give discounts to repeat customers, groups or if there are several piercings to be done.
- Get a quote from at least three to five shops before committing.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.