How Much Does a SHRM Membership Cost?
The SHRM, known as the Society for Human Resource Management, is the largest membership association in the HR professional field. This membership offers education, certifications and networking for its membership. Today, the association has more than 275,000 members.
How much is it?
- The price for getting an SHRM membership does not vary that much since the organization is the only official membership provider of its type. However, some of the factors that can make the price different are the location of the chapter and the length of the membership.
- According to the main site of SHRM.org, the cost for an annual membership for people in the US as well as for out of the country applicants can be $180 to $185 with applicants outside the US paying an additional $95 for the membership.
- Applicants that reside in Montgomery can avail of the membership at a lower price according to their website. This also includes all membership services and meals on meetings which can cost $120 to $130 depending on the level of membership the client has with SHRM.
- Another chapter that offers SHRM membership is located in Tucson, Arizona. The cost for the membership according to them can cost anywhere from $75 to $100.
What is going to be included?
- Once you join the organization, you will be provided with your own username and password which you can use to login into the SHRM website. You will receive a member profile after signing up for the membership which you can take advantage of several perks, including job listings and more than 200 educational courses. Online seminars are also available.
- You will receive constant updates regarding the organization as well as personal job alerts based on your desired settings. You will also be able to upload your resume to guarantee that employers are able to see your credentials.
- A certification will be provided for you by SHRM which can boost your credentials when hunting for the appropriate job. Also, you will be able to join the community within the same field which allows you to participate in discussions with other members.
What are the extra costs?
- Aside from the initial membership payment, you will have to renew your membership annually. This costs an additional $180 per year.
- If you are from outside the US, the fee for the membership of $180 is also applicable, but you will need to pay for an internet fee which costs an additional $95.
Tips to know:
- If you are serious about having a career in the human resource industry, you may want to consider signing up for a membership with SHRM. This guarantees that you get up to date information about the industry which can give you an edge.
How can I save money?
- Check with your local SHRM chapter to make sure that you get the lowest price. Also, being a national member of SHRM can give you discounts on the membership as well as the renewal.