How Much Does the Stratosphere Jump Cost?
Built 855 feet above the Las Vegas Strip, the Stratosphere SkyJump is the only of its kind in North America and the highest in the entire world.
The SkyJump is a managed free fall similar to that of a vertical zip line. The jumper is harnessed and fastened onto a cable that is attached to a high-speed descender machine. The jump is controlled by guide wires to keep the jumper on course and on target.
How much does it cost?
- The first jump on the Stratosphere is $109.99, but if you want to jump a second time, the costs are lowered to $54.99. This is the set price for those who are not staying at the hotel.
- If you would like to have the picture package, the cost will rise to $119.99. If you want the pictures and a video, you will have to pay $139.99.
What is going to be included?
- Before you get to jump, the Stratosphere Jump personnel will have to know your weight to ensure that you descend at the appropriate scream-inducing speed.
- As a rider you have to be geared in a Stratosphere custom jump suit. Then, a professional Jump Master is going to brief you with important safety lesson. Once done, you will be brought by elevator to the top of Stratosphere Tower, where you are going to be fastened onto a high speed “descender.” Next, you will move to the ledge of the platform with the assistance of your Jump Master. From there, you will take the 855 foot plunge through the sky.
- The 855 feet is equivalent to the 108 floors of the building.
- The entire jump experience, including the time when you were suited up to the plunge itself, takes around 35 to 45 minutes. The jump itself lasts less than a minute.
- The basic package will include the jump only. The picture package will include photos taken at different times and from different angles. These can then be proofed for purchase. The video package includes a camera attached the jumper’s wrist that will record the whole jump. This video as well as all the pictures taken will be given to the jumper on a USB, giving him the opportunity to duplicate them however he wishes.
What are the extra costs?
- Apart from the SkyJump fee, you will also have to pay for Tower Tickets, which cost $18 for adults, $10 for groups, parties, or children, and $12 for senior citizens and Nevada residents. Hotel guests can get up to the tower for free.
- If you are going to take advantage of the other rides at the Stratosphere Tower, such as the Big Shot, X-Scream, and Insanity, you will have to pay separately for each ride.
- While the picture package includes taking all the pictures, you will have to pay more if you are going to order extras.
- You can also avail of any of the SkyJump packages that include a video of your jump. For example, package 1 costs $119.99. This includes one jump plus a DVD record of your jump. Package 2 costs $129.99, including one jump, a DVD record of your jump and a photograph of the high flyer. The last package, package 3, costs $130.99, which includes one jump, a DVD documentary of your jump, and a t-shirt.
Tips to know:
- Although extreme weather conditions seldom occurs in Las Vegas, the SkyJump will not operate when the winds are over 44 miles per hour or when it rains and there is lightning.
- While you go for a jump, your personal belongings will be kept away in a personal locker with a key.
- The SkyJump is limited to one jumper at a time.
- The jump is definitely not for the faint-hearted.
- The minimum age of a jumper is 14 years old.
- You cannot get a refund of your SkyJump fee should you decide to chicken out.
How can I save money?
- You will save on Tower Tickets if you go in groups. If you go to the top in a group of four and one of you is a member of the Tower, you may purchase the Tower tickets at only $7 each.
- If you are a local resident of Nevada, you only have to pay $89.99.
- If you are a guest staying at the hotel, the rates of the rides will be less than if you are not staying there.
- If you are wanting to do the jump twice, make sure you do not take off your suit and come back later. If you do, you will have to pay full price both times. Go a second time while you are already suited up.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.