How Much Does Tent Draping Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Tent draping provides a more elegant way to provide outdoor events with shelter from the weather. Since the average tent is not exactly appealing to the eye, draping a tent will add a nice, elaborate touch that most tents usually do not offer.
How much does it cost?
- On average, tent draping for a larger event that holds more than 50 people can cost you $1,000 to $3,000. However, many tent rentals nowadays offer a tent with a given design so you don’t need to drape it and spend a large amount of money.
- Extra large size tents that can accommodate 500 guests can cost $2,000 to $5,000.
- On a forum thread on WeddingBee.com, users claimed that they paid around $2,000 to $4,000 for their tent draping setup.
- According to Goodwinrentals.com, the rental prices of the tent will differ because of its square footage and given design. Here, a center pole tent is popular for wedding celebrations. One center pole will cost you $830 for 40’x40’ with a high peak design and has 1,600 square footage. Two center poles will cost you $1,110 for a 40’x60’ high peak tent. Three center poles will cost $1,400 for 40’x80’ high peak tent and $1,850 for 40’x100’ high peak four center poles.
What is going to be included?
- A draping tent will add an elegant touch to the tent. The poles within the tent will be covered with fabric draping and the most common color will be white. Usually, people will add colored lighting for a nice accent.
- To see what tent draping looks like, visit this Clarkgardens.org page.
- The company that provides tent draping will bring all the supplies to the site, set up the tent, and then return after the event is over to break it all down and haul it away.
What are the extra costs?
- Tent rentals companies also offer tent placing services, and they will help you place the tent at your designated location. Some may include the installation prices in their initial quote while others may charge extra.
- Some tent rental companies allow design customization, but they will charge you an extra fee for this service.
- If you do not want all the guests to have to come inside the home, or if the tent is being set up from a building or home, you may want to include portable toilets for outside use.
- Some companies will include the tables and chairs while others will charge extra for them. Inquire to see if this is going to be included.
- Generators to power up the tent for electricity and heat can be an extra cost. Plan on budgeting $500 to $1,000.
- Lighting options are something to consider. Depending on the package, it can range from $150 to $500.
Factors that influence the price:
- The size. The size of the tent affects the price because larger tents are always going to cost more than the smaller ones. Generally, the more people that you want to accommodate, the more you are going to spend.
- The decoration. The decoration can also influence the original price. If you choose a gorgeous and elaborate looking design, it will cost you more.
- The type. The type of the tents can also influence the price. Tents have many different styles such as birthday tents and wedding tents. Wedding tents usually cost more than those used for a casual event.
Tips to know:
- Consider choosing a tent with a standard design to make the setting up of the tent faster. Customizing a tent can make the process take longer and there is a possibility that they would not be able to finish it the given time.
- Estimate the number of people invited to your party to help you decide what size of tent you should get. It is always best to overestimate the number of people.
- If your party is a wedding celebration, then you should take a tent which is specialized in wedding celebrations like center pole tents.
How can I save money?
- Choose a tent setup which has a given setup already. By doing so, this is going to save you the most amount of money.
- With any services, make sure that you that you get at least three quotes. Most tent rental companies will have a website with their prices listed right on their page.
- Consider a DIY draping job. If you do not have thousands to spend, consider getting a traditional tent setup and doing the draping yourself. For instance, this eHow guide shows you what you should do.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.