How Much Does a Vending Machine Cost?
Vending machines sell different types of products such as beverages or snacks such as chips and candy bars. There are even vending machines that can offer non-food related items such as DVD rentals. The price of a vending machine will depend on the brand, the condition, the features and company you purchase from.
How much is it?
- The price of the different types of vending machine can range anywhere from $80 to $8,000. There are different types of vending machine available and the price depends on this factor. Soda vending machines probably are the most popular type, but there are vending machines that sell food as well. Another factor is the size of the machine, which will determine how much product can be placed inside.
- A reconditioned vending machine that has been used in the past can cost anywhere from $750 to as much as $5,000 depending on the type, the brand, and the merchant selling it.
- For example, the simple Seaga CA9 countertop vending machine retails for $449 to $560. This machine can hold up to 111 items.
- Vending Machines Unlimited sells different types of vending machine which include anything from individual snack and soda vending machines to combination vending machines. The cost of these vending machines ranges from $505 to $8,195 for vending machines that dispenses snacks. Soda vending machines are sold from $1,739 to $5,099. Some of the most expensive vending machines are the combination soda and snack machines that can cost $2,110 to $6,455. The company also sells simple gum vending machines that can cost $80 to $490.
- Vending.com offers coffee vending machines which can cost anywhere from $6,000 to $6,639. Other types of vending machines such as soda and snack machines can cost $2,000 to $8,100.
What is going to be included?
- There are companies that may provide free shipping for the vending machine. The freight will be included with the price for which the machine is sold. This is going to vary depending on the company selling the machine.
- Some companies would also include the initial batch of products that can be placed and sold in the machine.
- Brand new machines can come with a limited warranty that can last upwards of 10 years.
- Included with a vending machine is the ability to make the choice regarding the price of each product offered.
What are the extra costs?
- Refilling the vending machines is the responsibility of the owner and is considered as an additional cost.
- The company that sold the vending machine can service it at an added cost. Purchasing spare parts will be shouldered by the owner of the machine as well.
How can I save money?
- Refurbished vending machines can be bought and they are usually just as good as new ones. They are considerably cheaper than brand new vending machines. Consider checking local sites such as Craigslist or even consider eBay.
- There are companies that sell vending machines with financing options. This means that if you do not have the sufficient funds, you may want to consider this option to make easier monthly payments.
- There are some companies that offer to install one of their vending machines in your facility for a minimal monthly fee. This would allow you to have the convenience of having a vending machine with a lower cost. While the company that owns the machine would be responsible for refilling it, they will also keep all of the profit.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.