How Much Does a Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Cost?
An Xbox 360 wireless adapter is a device that adds wireless connectivity to an Xbox 360 console that doesn’t have WiFi capabilities.
How much is it?
- On average, the Xbox 360 wireless adapter will cost anywhere from $45 to $70. Although this adapter is made by Microsoft specifically for the 360, there are other brands that make wireless adapters that work for the Xbox 360.
- For example, on Amazon.com, the wireless adapter retails for $45 to $60, depending on the type.
What is going to be included?
- The wireless adapter will plug into the USB port of the older Xbox models. This is the same port that connects the controllers that are corded instead of wireless.
- The adapters provide wireless capability according to the WiFi standard that it can support. The adapter evolved as a technological means of transferring data and communication from the game pads to the console. It is mostly used and convenient for heavy gaming, as well as video streaming, photo and music streaming. It works as a router and is best used for online gaming.
- The adapter comes with an 802.11n WiFi speed for wireless networking, 5Ghz band for processor speed and a frequency speed of 2.4Ghz. It also has a quick throughput. Compared to older wireless adapters, the latter boasts of a quicker response to commands, quicker buffering as well as quicker video playback and media streaming.
- For playing online multi-player games, the wireless adapter is the best for supporting such data load and yet plays the games very fast.
- The Xbox 360 wireless adapter is a simple plug and play device and should be simple enough for anyone to use, even without extensive knowledge of computers or networks.
What are the extra costs?
- If you are going to use an Xbox 360 wireless adapter, you need to have Wi-Fi in your home. This means that you must have a monthly internet service provider.
- Because the Wi-Fi adapter takes up one of the ports for the controllers, you may need to purchase an extension. This extension will plug into one of the ports, but will have two or three ports to give you an extra or two.
Tips to know:
- Before purchasing a model, make sure that it is compatible with your router.
- The Xbox 360 user is also assured of a better gaming environment with stronger signals since the adapter has very strong network signals as compared to the cables for the older console or the pads.
- The adapter also enables one to play games over a further distance and they come at a very affordable price compared to the cables and their benefits on usage also as compared to the cables. With the wireless adapter, a user is also assured of quick gaming even over congested networks due to the strong wireless signals.
- There is less of tripping with the wireless adapter which means that the users will use wireless pads and can, therefore, play the games from anywhere without any interruption.
- The newer Xbox models already have built-in WiFi capabilities.
How can I save money?
- The wireless adapters compared to the cables have been proved to be a lot better and more convenient in usage despite the price due to their network strength and effectiveness in gaming. It is always advisable to consider the wireless network adapter if one does not have the latest Xbox console with the WiFi transmitter.
- Although purchasing a wireless adapter seems like a cost up front, it can actually save you money. If you have to purchase extra cable or run any cables through your home to get the internet to the console, it may cost money to do so. Have the wireless adapter can save you time, hassle, and money.
- Keep your eyes peeled for coupons or deals. Many stores online will have sales from time to time.
- Consider purchasing one slightly used on websites such as eBay or Craigslist.