How Much Does a Teddy Bear Puppy Cost?
Teddy bear puppies are one of the most common types of dogs kept as pets because of their temperament and appearance. Teddy bear puppies are a mix of shihtzu and bichen; these breeds are very playful and easily trained. The price of the puppies depends on the age, the gender, as well as the quality of the breed the dog is. The sellers that sell the puppies also have discretion on the price for which they are sold.
How much is it?
- The price of teddy bear puppies can range anywhere from $150 to $1,500 depending on the quality of the breed. The person who sells teddy bear puppies has the sole discretion to determine the price. Most of the teddy bear puppies sold are posed in ads online as most seller breeds the dogs personally.
- A breeder that is located in Wisconsin commonly has puppies around the age of 8 weeks up for sale. Her prices in general can range anywhere from $600 to $1,500.
- For example, Animaroo is a website that allows different sellers to post ads for pets that they sell. Teddy bear puppies are commonly found here, and on this site the price of teddy bear puppies can range anywhere from $150 to $800. The price shown is for both male and female teddy bear puppies, and the difference in the price usually depends on the quality of breed.
- Puppy Find also offers information regarding teddy bear puppies. The information found in their site shows the origin of the breed and tips on how to take care of the puppies. They also show that the price for teddy bear puppies can cost anywhere from $300 to $750.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy teddy bear puppies the inclusions can be different depending on the seller. There are some puppies sold together with registration, and some have the necessary shots such as anti rabies and other vaccines.
- If the dog is going to be shipped by an airline, the breeder will include an airline approved pet carrier.
- Some breeders may include a start-up package including samples of dog food, treats, and toys.
What are the extra costs?
- When you buy a teddy bear puppy from another person, you will have to pay the shipping charges. The cost of shipping depends on the distance between your location and the seller’s place. Shipping a dog through the air can start at $250.
- If the puppy does not have the necessary registration papers yet, this can be an added cost; the price would depend on how much your specific county charges.
- Additional maintenance costs down the road such as food, accessories, vet checkups and more will be an extra cost. The average dog can cost $20-$100 per month.
How can I save money?
- Adoption is the best option to save money; some organizations will offer adoption for free while otheres would offer it at minimum cost. Adopting a teddy bear puppy would also lessen the number of dogs that have been abandoned and have no home.
- Compare prices among different sellers and check if what they offer would is what you are looking for. Also, try to look for a seller within your vicinity to make sure that the shipping charges are kept at a minimum since the dog will not have to be shipped.