How Much Does Action Alerts Plus Cost?
Anyone who pays attention to the stock market knows Jim Cramer and his Mad Money Show. Jim Cramer has spent a number of years as a professional trader and has helped himself and other clients earn up to millions of dollars by playing the stock market. Whether you are a new or seasoned trader, Cramer’s Action Alert Plus can help you save and make money with the stock market.Alongside Jim Cramer is Stephanie Link, who leads all investment, research, and contributor recruitment activities for the TheStreet. Using Action Alert Plus is a great way to invest your money since it not only gives you great insight and advice for the stock market, but Jim Cramer also turned it into a charitable trust in 2005; they have since given $1.5 to charities around the United States.
Alongside Jim Cramer is Stephanie Link, who leads all investment, research, and contributor recruitment activities for the TheStreet. Using Action Alert Plus is a great way to invest your money since it not only gives you great insight and advice for the stock market, but Jim Cramer also turned it into a charitable trust in 2005; they have since given $1.5 to charities around the United States.
How much is it?
- As of January 2014, the Action Alert Plus costs $59.95 a month or an annual cost of $349.95.
What is going to be included?
- Action Alert Plus is a newsletter via e-mail from Professional Trader Jim Cramer. In this newsletter, Cramer explains which stocks are up, which are down, which to sell or trade, and possibly the future of some current stocks.
- Along with a notice on stocks to sell or trade, Action Alert also allows you to see Jim Cramer’s personal stock portfolio and gives you the chance to purchase the top rated stock by him and his associates.
What are the extra costs?
- While it is recommended, you do not necessarily need to purchase other trade company accounts. Jim Cramer suggests also signing up for TD Ameritrade™ and Cooltrade™ to ensure the best possible stocks are available to you.
- Aside from considering signing up with other companies, the only money you should be spending with Action Alert Plus are on stocks.
- While Action Alert Plus is a great resource, you might still want to hire a stock broker to do your buying and selling for you if you are going to be investing a lot of time and money into playing the stock market.
Tips to know
- Allocate set amounts of cash for trading. Setting aside a set amount gives you a better handle on how much you can spend and save without going over budget.
- Even if you are only making a 10% profit, trading that 10% eight times will double your investment.
- If Cramer send two buy-alerts and you can only choose one, be sure to choose the investment with the lower Daily Average Volume. Stocks with lower value will rise faster after being recommended by Cramer on TV.
- Open an account with TradeKing. It is one of the best-rated companies in dealing with Action Alert Plus and has a rather low commission for trading stocks.
- Be sure to read the reviews before signing up for the product. A lot of reviews noted on the Internet state that you are better off learning basic strategies on your own, and if you are looking to get rich quick, this is not the service to use.
- If you are hesitant signing up and investing money, consider setting aside a portion to use for this strategy only. It is never wise to jump into an unknown strategy and invest 100 percent of your money.
How can I save money?
- While some websites can offer the Jim Cramer’s Action Alert Plus newsletter at cheaper prices like $29.95 a month, but it’s best to just stick with the real website. However, paying for the annual fee is far less expensive than paying for it month by month. Even if you get the annual membership and find out that you don’t like it, they will prorate your subscription and give you a refund.
- Before signing up, don’t forget to look for any special promotions or coupon codes.
There is a free 14-day trial offered that you should definitely take advantage of. Even if you already know you are going to get the program, you might as well take these 14 days for free. The free trial does not get you access to everything that the full package does, but it does have the following inclusions according to TheStreet:
- Complete, unfettered access to the entire Action Alerts PLUS multi-million dollar portfolio, including buy/sell dates for each stock…up to date performance data from inception…probing research and in-depth corporate information…plus more.
- Email alerts direct to your in-box from Jim Cramer, Stephanie Link and TheStreet Research Team throughout the day. These give a quick snapshot of important events that are taking place in the market and the specific stocks that Jim, Stephanie and the Team want you to know about.
- Link from each email directly to the Action Alerts PLUS dedicated website where you get a detailed description of the exact action we’ll soon be taking with the charitable trust portfolio — buy, sell or hold on a stock or stocks—BEFORE any action is taken!