How Much Do Adjustable Beds Cost?
An adjustable bed is a type of bed that has a multi-hinged layer which enables it to be put into a number of different positions. The bed can be used to incline the upper body as well as raise the lower body independently. It also has other features such as height adjustment and the ability to be tilted side to side. These types of bed are often used in hospitals to make sure that the patient feels comfortable but are also used in regular households. The price of adjustable beds depends on the size of the bed, the brand and where it’s purchased from.
How much is it?
- On average, an adjustable bed can cost anywhere from $750 to as much as $5,000; however, most purchases will fall within the $800 to $2,500 price range for most reputable brands for a full or queen sized bed. Refer to our table below to see what most of the popular brands cost.
- Adjustable beds that are used in the medical industry can be more expensive than the ones used for homes because of the advanced features that they can offer. An adjustable bed that is similar to one in a hospital atmosphere can range anywhere from $2,700 to $5,800. For example, a popular adjustable bed such like the Leggett and Platt ShipShape Adjustable Twin Based Bed sells for $500.
- At Sam’s Club, their adjustable beds can range anywhere from $800 to $1,800, depending on the size of the bed.
|Amerisleep||$1,600 to $3,500|
|Costco||$1,300 to $5,000|
|Craftmatic||$1,500 to $2,500+|
|Reverie||$1,000 to $3,000|
|Serta||$750 to $5,000+|
|Sleep Number Adjustable Bed||$3,000+|
|Tempurpedic Adjustable Bed||$1,400 to $6,000 (varies depending on size and type)|
What is going to be included?
- The adjustable bed will come with a remote control that will control the bed. This remote control will enable you to adjust the bed setting to the appropriate comfort level and it will either be wireless or wired.
- Like any other mattress, adjustable beds will come in the following sizes: twin, queen and kind.
- The surface, just like other mattresses as well, can either be made of a memory foam, coil or as an air bed. Remember, these mattresses will still be the same as the other mattresses, but it will be adjustable.
- Name brand mattress manufacturers can offer a limited warranty that can last up to a lifetime.
What are the extra costs?
- Due to the weight of the product, most adjustable beds purchased online can have additional shipping fees. Unless the shipping fees are already included with the order, the shipping fees can start at $100. The same can even be said if you purchase from a local mattress store and need delivery.
- Adjustable beds may require a special frame that can adjust with the mattress. This could be an additional cost, depending on the mattress you purchase.
- Due to the complexity of the bed, many adjustable bed owners have claimed they needed to call out a technician for repairs, and depending on the repair, the costs could vary anywhere from $200 to $450+
Top brands to consider:
- Leggett and Platt
How can I save money?
- Adjustable beds are mainly used as therapeutic solutions for people who have conditions related to their body. There are other beds that can provide comfort that is similar to that offered by an adjustable bed but can cost a fraction of the cost. Check with local mattress stores to find other models that may be more comfortable for both your body and your wallet.
- Most of the name brands mentioned above often hold sales or even have rebates available. A quick search or even talking with a sales associate can often point you in the right direction.
- Researching online, it seems as if these beds are highly negotiable. If working with a sales professional, always try to haggle the initial price. Most people who have been successful have often been able to knock another 40 to 60 percent off the initial price.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.