How Much Does a Birch Tree Cost?
A birch tree is a type of tree that is closely related to the breech and oak trees. It is part of the Betulaceae family, which also includes hazels and alders. Birch trees are considered to be small to medium-sized trees and thrive in a temperate climate. This tree is popular among homeowners due to its size and graceful branches. Two of the most common species found in yards across the Northeast includes the River Birch and White Birch.
How much is it?
- On average, a birch tree can range anywhere from $5 to as much as $200. This is going to greatly depend on the size of the tree, the quality and where it’s purchased from. A tree that is smaller than 4 feet tall will be less than $10 while a tree that is taller than 9 feet will cost more than $85 per tree.
- For example, PorkyFarm.com sells a variety of birch trees such as white birch and paper birch. These trees are sold for $12 to $18 each. The regular price is$18, but when you purchase 5 or more the price can go as low as $12 each plus shipping and handling.
- The Arbor Day Foundation has a membership program that enables each member to save up to $4 for each tree purchased. The price of birch trees can be anywhere from $5 to $9 through this foundation.
What is going to be included?
- Birch trees have several features such as a unique peeling cinnamon colored bark. They also grow quickly and can reach up to 40 to 70 feet in height.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees may apply if purchased at a nursery or online.
- If you hire a professional to plant the tree for you, this will cost extra. The costs will depend on the size of the tree.
- To maintain the tree, there are a variety of ways to ensure that they grow well. If you do not have the time to maintain it, you will need to hire landscapers to ensure that the trees are well taken care of.
Tips to know:
- Due to the shallow root system of a birch tree, it should be noted that this tree is very sensitive to heat and droughts. It needs to consistently be kept moist and kept in cooler soil. When planting, make sure the roots will be protected in the shade during the peak afternoon hours.
- As mentioned earlier, birch trees need specific conditions to grow properly. The trees should be planted in soil that have enough nutrients to accommodate the growth of the tree. Make sure that you apply organic fertilizers that can boost the growth of the trees. These trees often grow best in acidic and alkaline soils.
- Avoid planting these trees underneath overhead wires.
- These trees are susceptible to borers and other insects. It is recommended that an insect control program is used.
- Lower hanging branches that interfere with a sidewalk or driveway should be pruned. Also, if the branches are dead or have some sort of disease, these branches should be pruned as well.
How can I save money?
- It does not hurt to look for coupons during the planting seasons to see if there are any deals that you can take advantage of.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.