How Much Do Birthday Cakes Cost at Walmart?
Birthday cakes at Walmart come in various shapes, styles, designs and flavors. Ordering a cake is the most convenient ways to reduce your worries in preparing for a birthday party. There are cakes for babies, kids, young children, teens, adults, for the boss and for everyone else.
To order, you simply visit their online cake gallery and browse through the list of cake ideas, flavors and designs that are available. Once you decide on a cake, call up your local Walmart to place an order at least 24 hours before the party. You can go to the store and fill up an order form as well.
How much is it?
- On average, the costs differ based on stores, geographical location, flavors, kind of cake and decorations. The cost could range from $15 to $50 or more. The typical half sheet cake will cost about $25, while a larger ice cream cake could cost a pinch more than $25. A decorated full sheet cake will cost about $40. With any cakes, the larger it is, the more it’s going to cost.
- According to one member on Babycenter.com, she paid $25 for her sheet cake that included character and was half chocolate and vanilla.
- A user on CakeCentral.com claimed that Walmart quoted her customer $38 for a cake that could feed 96 people.
|1/4 sheet||$12 to $16|
|1/2 sheet||$20 to $25|
|Full sheet||$30 to $35|
|2 tier||$80 to $95|
|3 tier||$100 to $125|
What is going to be included?
- Aside from the usual chocolate and vanilla flavors, current cake flavors include bubblegum, strawberry, Lemon meringue, cheese, liquor, pineapple and many more mouth-watering tastes. The cake comes in different shapes like round, square, heart-shaped and in any form you may want. It can be a single layered cake or double layered cake, or at any size and height you desire.
- You can have your cake in varied designs and themes such as fairy tales, cartoon characters, super heroes, flowers and in any other kind of design you want. You can have decorations or toppings such as chocolate chips, rainbow strips, jellybeans, fresh fruits like cherries, oranges and berries, sugar coated flowers or animals, crushed peppermint, mini chocolate candies like butterscotch or peanut butter, toasted nuts and other sweetened toppings.
- Among the popular birthday cakes are Strawberry Cheesecake, Lemon Meringue Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Rainbow Clown Cake, Special Rhubarb Cake, Apple walnut cake and banana cakes.
- With more innovative methods and baking techniques, cakes now are also made into ice cream cakes, sugar-free cakes, and carrot cakes for the health-conscious eaters and other interesting kinds.
What are the extra costs?
- You get your cake in a box, freshly made, frosted and with candles, and recipient’s name on the cake. These come at an additional cost.
Tips to know
- Walmart will decorate and write a name on the cake for free.
How can I save money?
- Take advantage of coupons for freebies, discounts sand special offers such as a free small personalized cake.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.