How Much Do Brussel Sprouts Cost?
Brussel sprouts are a good ingredient for a fresh salad, a topping for bread or steamed with other vegetables like carrots, cabbage, lettuce, and potatoes. Brussel sprouts look like miniature heads of lettuce and can come a variety of forms.
How much does it cost?
- On average, fresh brussel sprouts will cost anywhere from $3 to $5 per pound. Frozen, on the other hand, can cost $1.50 to $3 per pound. Frozen bags can even be found for less than $1 depending on the brand.
- If you want to purchase seeds of brussel sprouts, you will end up spending around $0.75 to $3.50 per pack.
- The cost of brussel sprouts will depend on several factors such as the geographical location (whether locally sold or imported from other regions), quality and where it’s purchased from.
- According to Frugalvillage.com, fresh brussel sprouts cost around $3 to $4 per pound while frozen ones cost around $2 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- Shipping or delivery costs may be included in the selling price of brussel sprouts. Ask your provider or supplier regarding this.
- Brussel sprouts are usually available fresh or frozen. Fresh brussel sprouts are generally cheaper than frozen or processed ones.
- Brussel sprouts are a leafy green vegetable that do not grow any more than 1.5 inches. High in vitamin K, they are commonly eaten boiled or raw.
What are the extra costs?
- You may have to pay for additional costs for shipping or delivery when you order brussel sprouts online or from other regions.
- Growing your own brussel sprouts at home may also require some expenses such as the cost for hiring a gardener to take care of them, water, and other gardening related expenses.
- Depending on how you are planning to cook the brussel sprouts, you will most likely need other ingredients.
Tips to know:
- You can check out your local organic market for fresh brussel sprouts during peak season so that you will be able to get the best deal.
- If the location and weather is perfect for growing veggies, you might consider growing your own brussel sprouts in your backyard or garden.
- If you have kids at home, try to introduce to them a healthy meal such as dishes with brussel sprouts. Let them see that you love eating veggies and they are likely going to follow you. You do not necessarily have to force your kids to eat veggies but just try to convince them by setting an example for them.
- According to fitday.com, there are 3 main reasons that brussel sprouts should be included in our diets. First, they are a great source of sulforaphane. This is a chemical that is thought to help fight off cancer cells. Secondly, brussel sprouts are very low in sodium and fat, but have many other nutrients in them that will help you feel full. Finally, they contain high amounts of vitamin C.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by purchasing brussel sprouts in larger volumes. For instance, you can ask neighbors to purchase together with you so that you can save money.
- Check out your local organic market for fresh brussel sprouts. They may sell them at a cheaper price. This way, you can save a portion of your money and you will get the freshest brussel sprouts available.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.