How Much Do Charter Flights Cost?
Charter flights are private jets that are available to rent. These charter flights can be shared with others or you can reserve the entire flight for yourself. The cost of a charter flight will depend on the length of the flight, the type of aircraft, the charter company and time needed.
How much is it?
- There are different companies that provide charter flight services and each one charges differently. On average, a round trip charter flight can range anywhere from $2,000 to as much as $17,000 throughout the United States.
- Smaller jets that can allow up to 10 passengers can range from $500 to $2,000 per hour.
- On average, the number of people that can ride in a typical charter plane can range from 7 to 13. The common types of jets that can be rented from companies include Gulfstream and Lear jets.
- For example, FlySeattleScenic.com is a company that provides charter flight services. The company only provides airplanes that can take 1 to 4 passengers with a rate that can be from $395 to $450 per hour. The rate is good for basic charter flights, scenic, and tour flights where there is one landing and takes off location.
- MagellanJets.com is a company that offers different types of jets ranging from light to large based cabins. They offer one-way charter flights that can cost anywhere from $4,850 to $13,000, while a round-trip charter flight is priced anywhere from $3,850 to $9,200.
What is going to be included?
- Clients that take charter flights will be taken to their destination, and depending on the arrangements made with the company, they can be picked up in the airport for round-trip deals.
What are the extra costs?
- There are additional fees involved when taking charter flights. These would include a fuel surcharge which will depend on the price of fuel at the time of the flight.
- There may be additional fees in addition to the airfare. This will all depend on the company policy. Some of those fees may include those such as after hour charges by the airport, loading charges, aircraft fees, and more.
- Most charter flights will not offer any type of food. If catering or some sort of food is needed, additional fees can apply.
- Other fees that may be added to the total cost includes payment for the crew which can cost $300 to $500. Federal excise taxes and segment fees will also be added to the total cost.
- If you are flying out of the United States, the charges will be much higher than domestic flights.
Tips to know:
- Typically, the more passengers that will ride the plane, the higher the cost will be. Make sure that the plane which you rent will have enough space for all the people that will ride it.
- The price of charter flights will depend on the size of the plane and oftentimes the service that will be provided to you.
How can I save money?
- Know the number of passengers that will be included with the charter flight so that you will be able to rent the right sized plane avoiding excess payment.
- Many websites offer instant quotes for those looking for a charter flight. Be sure to consult with at least three companies before purchasing tickets.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.