How Much Does Chipotle Catering Cost?
Launching the catering program in early 2013, Chipotle is now able to cater events up to 200 people. With a handful of options from which you can choose, the costs will depend on the number of people and setup needed.
How much is it?
- The cost of catering will be similar to other catering services. The prices will depend on the food required and the number of people that have to be served. Common catering options include two or three meats. The two-meat selection will cost $12 per person, while the three-meat is priced around $13.50 per person. So a 100-person party could cost $1,200 to $1,350 at a minimum.
- Those who do not want the two-meat or three-meat option can opt for a “burrito by the box,” which is designed for informal gatherings. This box is priced at $8.20 per person.
- According to this InvestorPlace.com article, it will cost around $12 to $13.50 per person, depending on what kind of food is purchased.
What is going to be included?
- The day of the event, the caterers will come to your location and set up tables and all of their equipment. Once this is done, the food will be put out and at least one caterer will stay throughout the event to refill or clean up the food. After the event, they will break down everything and do all the washing so that you do not have to worry about it.
- As stated above, catering can include a burrito bowl and taco selection. The customer is able to choose from two or three meats. The meats from which you can choose include chicken, steak, carritas, barbacoa or sofritas. There are also vegetarian options.
- With every meal, guacamole, beans, rice, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, soft flour tortillas and salsa will be included.
- The Burritos by the Box will include a mix and match choice of the meats mentioned above, along with black beans, salsa, rice and cheese.
- Chipotle will provide everything that you need for your catering event. This is going to include the trays and the burners to keep the food warm. They will also include the utensils, napkins, spoons, and tongs.
- To place a catering order, it must be done in person at a local Chipotle, online or by calling 1-800-CHIPOTLE
- Catering orders will have to be less than 200 people.
What are the extra costs?
- For 10 or more people, chips and salsa will run $40 to $55. This is a flat fee and will not be charged by the person.
- Although it is not required, most people choose to tip the caterers that helped all day.
Tips to know:
- Since the system is relatively new, no delivery options are going to be in place.
- It is recommended that you place orders at least 24 hours in advance. However, the Burrito by the Box and chips and salsa will not require an advance notice at all.
How can I save money?
- After your event has been completed, bring in the equipment to your local restaurant to receive a free coupon for a free burrito.
- Look for promotions. Depending on the season, there are times when they hold promotions that you can take advantage of.
- Do not forget to check other catering options when hosting a large crowd.
- If you are on a tight budget and do not mind cooking, consider finding copycat recipes on the web. By cooking your own chicken and other meats, you can save hundreds of dollars. Most of the condiments are easy to set out and the only hard part would be cooking the meats and beans.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.