How Much Does the Contra Costa Country Club Cost?
The Contra Costa Country Club is a private club nestled in Pleasant Hill, California. Its original course was designed by Arthur Vernon Macan in 1925 and was later redesigned by Robert Muir Graves in the early 1900s. The new design was made according to the standards set by the United States Golf Association (USGA). With a new design crafted by the renowned, Robert Trent Jones II, improvements were completed in November 2014 with the aim of re-branding the country club. The newly-designed 18-hole, 71 par golf course was opened in May 2015. It covers 6,850 yards of greens from the longest tees, with course and slope rating (on Rye grass) of 71.5 and 131, respectively.
How much is it?
- Membership to the club depends on your qualification and the privileges you want to enjoy. Proprietary memberships have a $30,000~ initiation fee. Junior executive and social will be a fraction of this cost.
- Moreover, Social Associates playing golf will have to pay normal green fees, which are $40 on weekdays and $50 on weekends.
The club offers the following memberships
- Proprietary Membership: They are members owning one pro-rata share of the outstanding capital of the Club, together with the other already-existing Proprietary Memberships. They are entitled to full rights and privileges for the use of the golf course, driving range, swimming pool, and clubhouse. Their eligible dependents are also entitled to the same rights and privileges that they enjoy.
- Junior Executive Membership (JEM): Designed for members younger than 36 years old. They enjoy the same rights and privileges due to Proprietary Members of the Club.
- Social Associate Membership: Members who are invited to attend all the social events hosted by the club. These members have unlimited use of the newly renovated pool pavilion and its amenities. They are also allowed to play with a guest for four rounds of golf upon payment of a fee and at the same time, the use of the practice range or putting green.
What is going to be included?
- Amenities offered by the club include the golf course, golf pro shop, practice area, driving range, the clubhouse, the Grille and Bar, swimming pool, wading pool (for kids), pool house, recreation area, and two bocce courts.
- Members can also join different tournaments, holiday events, and invitational or social events that the club hosts almost every week.
What are the extra costs?
- Private and group lessons can be an additional cost to consider.
- Tournaments held throughout the year can be extra.
Tips to know:
- The club follows a strict dress code. Refer to the official documentation for more information.
- The club has a pinch more than 400 members.