How Much Does the CordeValle Golf Club Cost?
Rosewood CordeValle is a luxury hotel managed by Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. It is in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains in Northern California, 30 minutes south of San Jose. It has a championship golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. It opened for play in 1999.
How much is it?
- The costs are going to depend on the type of membership one applies for. Initiation fees for a corporation are said to be in the $1 million range, while single executive memberships are said to be in the $250,000 range. This is according to this BizJournals.com article.
- Annual dues for a family plan are around $29,000, while corporate plans are around $39,000.
What is going to be included?
- Membership to the club is by invitation only. Members will have to apply and complete a sponsorship form. Upon approval, the member will be accepted to the club.
- Six categories of non-equity membership are offered by the Cordevalle Golf Club. The following membership options are available: Corporate Membership, Executive Invitational Membership, National Membership, Corporate Life Style/Tennis Membership, Individual Life Style/Tennis Membership and Young Professional Classification, which is designed for those 24 to 45 years old. Social memberships area available; however, these only extend to those in neighboring subdivisions.
- The club offers a full-service clubhouse, private locker rooms, pro shop, fitness center, billiards room, practice facilities, dining options, tennis courts and the Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course.
- There are three onsite dining venues – Il Vegneto (Italian), Lion’s Peak Grill (relaxed Dining), and One Iron Bar (Contemporary Californian).
What are the extra costs?
- Private, semi-private or group instruction is available from one of the club’s PGA Golf Professionals. Instruction includes a program specializing in evaluating the flexibility and strength of an individual golfer’s game. It aims to develop a consistent swing. Lessons are about $175 per hour. A playing lesson can be $500 for three hours.
- Assessments for capital improvements may be charged from time to time.
- Guest green fees may apply. These fees are in the $400 range.
- Cart fees, caddie fees, handicap service fees, food and beverage expenses, instruction fees and pro shop and other purchases will apply.
- While optional, rates at the resort range from $525 to $2,300 a night.
Tips to know
- The golf course is 18-hole, 7,360 yards, par 72. It has hillside canyons, broad meadows, streams, and sycamore and oak trees. Elevation changes approximately 50 feet.
- There is a learning center lead by PGA professionals. There are advanced practice grounds and a short game area for chipping, pitching, putting and sand play.
- Bookings can be made by groups of 8-80 golfers to host their own golf event at CordeValle.
- Rosewood CordeValle has a Caddie Program that provides professional caddies. CSI manages the program. The same group servicing Augusta National, Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, and Kiawah Island.
- The club only offers 300 golf memberships and no more than 100 tennis/lifestyle memberships.
- The course was named Condé Nast Traveler’s “Top 100 Golf Resorts Worldwide” and Golf Digest’s “America’s 50 Best Golf Courses.”
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.