How Much Does it Cost to Install a Dishwasher at Lowes?
Lowes, like Home Depot and Best Buy, offer dishwasher installation services. As long as the dishwasher is purchased directly from the store, it can be installed by a verified Lowe’s installer, who often represents a local plumbing/appliance company.
How much is it?
- To get a dishwasher installed by Lowe’s, you will have to purchase a dishwasher directly from the store. The store will not install dishwashers purchased via another company. Depending on the season, it can cost about $120 to $150. There are times, however, it can be as little as $0 if a particular brand is purchased. For example: in the past, if you purchased a Bosch dishwasher, you could have your dishwasher installed for free.
What is going to be included?
- Before the installation is scheduled, you will have to make the purchase at a local Lowe’s store. Once you make the purchase, you will pay for both the installation services and the dishwasher. When that’s finalized, you will sign a contract, go over the terms of the job and set up an appointment date. An employee will also ask questions in regards to the dishwasher position, if there’s an outlet nearby, etc. As long as everything is checked according to plan, a date can be set.
- The installer, usually from a local plumbing company, will arrive and will proceed to remove the old dishwasher and install the new one. The average job should take about 30 to 45 minutes.
What are the extra costs?
- For new installs, an outlet may be needed to properly install it. Lowe’s will not be able to do this and should be contracted out to a professional.
- Lowe’s will require you purchase new water hoses and parts. This will be about $20.
Tips to know
- Lowe’s may not install a dishwasher if tile flooring has been installed up to the dishwasher base.
How can I save money?
- Be on the lookout for promotions. Lowe’s will offer special installation prices from time to time.
- Be sure to compare at least three to four other retailers. Check out a local Best Buy, Home Depot and even mom and pop shop to see what they can offer in terms of pricing.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.