How Much Does it Cost to Install Bilco Doors?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Bilco doors are a great way to add an outside access or egress to basement storage areas. These doors offer a wide opening that allows access for storage of large items such as deck and patio furniture at the end of the summer. It can also hide or store pool tables, water heaters, appliances, or new heating systems into a finished basement.
Since 1926, the Bilco company has continued to serve the building industry. During these years, the company has built a reputation among engineers, architects and the construction trades for dependability and for products that are unparalleled in terms of design and workmanship.
How much is it?
- On average, the typical cost of Bilco door installation is between $1,000 and $2,000 for the door plus installation. This cost will depend on the amount of work that needs to be done such as removing the old door and installing the new door. Since every situation will be unique, consider getting multiple quotes from contractors in your area on HomeAdvisor.com.
- According to one member on Zillow.com, they were quoted $5,200 to have doors and stairs installed.
What is going to be included?
- Bilco doors are weather resistant and they are available in three styles, which include a classic series sloped wall, classic series steel sided and the ultra series. This corrosion-resistant construction will not rust and will never need painting. Bilco doors feature hinges which index into hinge receiver brackets and have been secured in place using hinge pins making the doors easy to set up. The doors also feature a gas-spring piston which prevents the basement doors from slamming. The piston also helps in raising and lowering the doors and allows the operator to lift a typically heavy-duty door using one hand. Without them the pistons, these doors are quite heavy.
- Bilco doors and panels are heavy duty metal panels powder-coated using a polyester-resin. The resin provides a durable and weather-resistant coating which reeks of quality.
- Bilco doors add the convenience of direct access to your basement that allows you to get the full use of the basement. They also provide an accessible escape route or egress in case of an emergency. These basement doors allow home owners to add code compliant storage area or living space to their home.
- Bilco basement doors offer flanged construction as well as an improved header design that sheds water. They prevent binding attributable to snow and ice. Bilco offers an optional durable weather resistant powder-coated high density polyester protective coating on all their steel doors that is sure to last under all seasonal conditions.
- The powder-coated doors are available in four standard colors: white, light gray, sandstone and brick. The finish is remarkable and will result in a long-lasting, durable and chip resistant coating which will weather well and look remarkable in the process.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on the modifications and masonry work required to make the new door installation fit and be watertight, the certified installer can ask for an additional fee.
- In the future, you may need to include the cost of servicing Bilco doors to ensure that they last longer.
Tips to know
- Bilco is a well-known brand within the building industry. They have been manufacturing bulkhead doors, precast-stairs as well as window wells which meet egress codes for years.
- The Bilco doors are best for offering access to any basement and also for the capacity to allow one to move large storage items, furnaces, pool tables, hot water tanks, furniture, and other items, into a basement.
- The new powder-coated Bilco steel-basement doors come in nearly all of the popular door sizes that Bilco door carries. They are available on the most popular steel-sided door sizes, Size-B, Size-C, and extension panels.
- All Bilco products have been designed to provide several years of trouble free service. Besides, The Bilco company has a highly-skilled customer service department in addition to an international network of factory-trained representatives who are ready to offer you whatever service or assistance that you may need.
- Should a component fail to function in normal-use within a period of 5 years (or even longer, as-indicated) from the date of purchase, a new component will be furnished at no charge.
- The Bilco basement-door system does satisfy the IRC 2012 Building-code requirements for emergency-egress from the finished basement areas. Certified installers will offer you a full warranty on all their Bilco door installations.
How can I save money?
- Buying powder coated Bilco doors will eliminate the expense needed to paint the basement doors. If you are great at door installation, DIY (Do-It-Yourself) can help cut the cost of installing Bilco doors.