How Much Does a Costco Cake Cost?
Costco cakes are fairly large but can be purchased for about the same price as a smaller cake in a traditional grocery store. There is quite the variety of cake flavors that one can buy at the Costco bakery, even though they are all sold as a half-sheet cake size.
How much is it?
- On average, a half-sheet Costco cake is priced between $16 to $20 for each cake depending on the Costco bakery location and the flavor choice. Carrot cake is normally priced $2 more per cake.
- According to members on Babycenter.com, most noted that it will cost about $18 for a cake that serves up to 48.
What is going to be included?
- The half-sheet size cake is roughly 12 x 16, and it has approximately 48 servings (on the basis of 2 x 2 cuts). It is sold for about the same price as a quarter-sheet cake from other locations.
- The flavor selection of Costco cakes includes chocolate, yellow, white, and carrot cake. Chocolate and vanilla cakes have filling options of strawberry mousse, vanilla cream cheese, and chocolate mousse. The carrot cake includes a filling option of apricot mousse. The icing is composed of a butter cream with a choice of flavors of white and chocolate. The other option for icing is a cream cheese frosting used on the carrot cake.
- Costco cake is moist and filled with the mousse fillings between every layer. Typically, the butter cream icing is heavy like butter cream frosting should be. It can also be very thick in certain parts of the design.
- If you were to purchase the cake at the shelf, most cakes have basic designs that include balloons, flowers, or nothing at all.
Options for cake designs
- Congratulations. These designs cover congratulatory circumstances such as a carriage in pink or blue for a new baby or a frosting cross as congratulations for something such as a baptism.
- Happy Birthday. There are many birthday designs for adults and children. For example, there are basic designs that can be used for any age, such as balloons, a beach scene, a sun smiling on the flowers, music notes, or a mountain scene; for children, there are designs such as a caterpillar, clown, princess crown or dinosaur.
- Graduation. There is a design with a frosting graduation cap and flowers as a way to celebrate a person’s graduation from kindergarten, high school, or college.
- Other. There are many basic designs that can be used for any occasion. Just choose the picture or frosting design that you like and have them write your personal message rather than “happy birthday” or “congratulations.”
What are the extra costs?
- You may consider the cost of packaging the cake if you need special packaging. If you have made an online order, you need to factor in the cost of delivery.
- Anytime you are serving cake, you will want to think about paper products such as dessert plates, forks, and napkins.
Tips to know:
- The ordering process is quite simple since the bakery only needs at least 24 hours of lead time. The order sheet simply has you put a check mark next to the type of cake, frosting, and design, and then you will fill out a line with your desired message.
- You can mix and match the cake, filling and icing choices when making an online order.
- There a number of different options to choose from whether you are shopping for a birthday, graduation or baptism. The employees of Costco bakery work with you in order to get you that ideal cake.
- If you want an exact price, call up your local Costco to see what they charge.
- Do not forget that you will need a membership to buy a cake.
- If the bakery is open, they will be more than happy to write a message on a pre-made cake for no charge. This is a great option for those who need a cake at the last minute.
- There are a few negative things about ordering a cake from Costco. First, there are very few designs from which you can choose compared to other stores and bakeries. Also, Costco will not often accommodate “special orders” and will only make the cake the way it is pictured. However, most people find that the lower price is well worth losing these extra options.
- One of the best ways to overcome the previously mentioned difficulties is to purchase a plain cake from Costco. You can then purchase decorating supplies and make any design you want. This will still get you a high-quality, delicious cake but with the decorations of your choice.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by making your orders online without having to make that special journey to Costco. Simply download the form from the website and fax it to your local location.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.