How Much Does a Curves Membership Cost?
Curves was formed in 1992 and is known to be the largest fitness center that caters to women only.
A Curves membership offers much more than an average gym membership since the gym offers you personal fitness goals that are designed for you and your body type. The gym also helps each member learn how and what to eat according to their personal goals. The cost of a membership to Curves will depend on your location, the current promotion, and the amount you pay in advance.
How much is it?
- Just like most gyms, Curves is going to have a one-time initial fee that can range anywhere from $60 to $150. Since the fee can be haggled, the costs are going to vary from one franchise to the next. The monthly fee for a Curves membership, on the other hand, is going to range anywhere from $29 to $45 per month. Again, this will depend on how long you commit yourself. Month-to-month customers are going to pay more than those who commit to six to twelve months at a time.
- According to the official website, Curves currently has a promotion that costs $12.95 per week, bringing the monthly total to $39.
- For example, on Hystersisters.com, previous members stated that they paid anywhere from $29 to as much as $45 per month.
What is going to be included?
- Unlike most gyms, Curves works on the “circuit” system. Members are encouraged to work the various areas of the body, going from machine to machine. The 30-minute system is designed to help with strength, cardio, and stretching. It is designed specifically for women to lose weight while becoming tone and fit.
- On top of working out, Curves will also offer meal plan guidance and advice. Created in 2012, the Curves Complete program offers a full weight loss management solution that includes a customized meal plan and personal support.
What are the extra costs?
- Canadian members have claimed that they spend more than those who live in the United States.
- Fitness training and purchasing the meals will be an additional cost to consider.
- If you want to join the Curves Complete program, there may be an extra charge per month. This can vary from one location to another.
Tips to know
- Curves will never give you a quote over the phone. Instead, they will force you into one of their gyms to pressure you into a membership. If you are not a fan of being pressured, it is best that you learn more about the gym either online or from a current member.
- No matter what gym you choose, always make sure that you read the fine print before committing.
- Since Curves locations are independently owned and not owned by the corporations, be sure to look into their local hours before joining. You may find that they will not be open when you need to use them.
How can I save money?
- The longer you commit to a membership up front, the more you are going to be able to save. For instance, if you pay for a one-year membership up front, you can save more than 20 percent.
- Keep your eyes peeled for coupons or special promotions, and do not forget that you can often haggle on the monthly gym membership. For instance, in the past, if new members brought in a bag of groceries, they would have their initial fee waived.
- Oftentimes, the gym will offer a free week where new members can check out the gym. If you are serious about joining, take advantage of this week to see if you like their services.
- When thinking about joining a gym, try to compare at least three to five centers before committing.
- Rather than purchasing meals through Curved, research and learn what foods are not only good for you but are also able to aid in your weight loss goals. You will not be able to buy these meals for the rest of your life, so you need to learn proper eating habits now.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.