How Much Does Dom Pérignon Cost?
Dom Perignon is thought to be one of the best champagnes available. Celebrations are considered extra special when the luxurious Dom Perignon, considered the “drink of kings,” is raised for a toast. Dom Pérignon is named for the creator of this special line of wine. He was known to innovate and perfect his creations, from the vineyards up to their preservation in the cellars. Today, Dom Perignon is said to exclusively use Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes from only the finest growths and vineyards.
How much does it cost?
- The price of Dom Perignon varies widely according to its different classifications and the year that it was made. A bottle of Dom can cost as much as $15,000 or go as low as $100. For newer bottles, you should plan on budgeting $85 to $200. The price will be higher for anything that is older. Listed below are a few years and types, along with the prices.
- According to an online site of a popular wine store that carries a myriad of alcoholic drinks, Wallywine.com, one can buy a bottle of the best vintage Dom Perignon sparkling champagne 1995 Moet & Chandon White Gold 3L at a sky-high price of $14,999.
- A 1998 Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon Lagerfeld 750ML can retail for $2,499. This particular edition is described as having remarkable taste with slight citrusy undertone.
- For those who want a taste of this best brand but have a very limited budget, the 1993 Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon Oenotheque 750ML can retail for $450, which could be just the perfect one for you. Wine connoisseurs say this wine can be enjoyed now but its depth and balance will allow it to taste even better if left to age.
- Best of all, a 2002 Sparkling Vintage Dom Perignon Graduation Gift 750ML can be had for as low as $149.99.
- Another liquor store, BCliquorstores.com, posted on its online site only one kind of Dom Perignon label- the Moet & Chandon 2003, described as a rich and smoky champagne with fine-grained texture and layers of flavor that can be enjoyed within a 20 year period. The price listed here was $ 213.49.
- The average price spent for a bottle of Dom Perignon will fall between $100 and $500.
What is going to be included?
- The Dom Perignon wine label comes in a beautiful and exquisite box that depict the product’s elegance and quality. This box is also sought after by collectors and enthusiasts.
- An older bottle may often come with a certificate to prove its authenticity.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping is considered an add-on cost for some liquor stores if you purchase this type online.
- There are certain foods and tastes that compliment this exquisite drink. These products will cost extra, but may be well worth the cost.
- If you are a wine or champagne enthusiast and you make purchases of this type very often, you may want to consider putting a wine cellar in your home. This is a room or closet-type space that is specifically designed to hold bottles of wine in a cool dark place, which are the ideal storage conditions.
Factors that influence the price:
- Ratings made by wine publications can be a major factor in influencing the prices of wine from inexpensive to very expensive. A Dom Perignon champagne before it is rated can cost as low as$75 per bottle, but after it is rated 95/100 and published, it easily fetches more than $100 per bottle.
- Other factors that determine the price of a bottle of champagne or wine include its aging period, the vintner, demand and the amount of production.
Tips to know:
- Because of the demand of Dom Perignon, there are many people who will claim to have a high quality bottle of the champagne but will really be selling you a different product. Always double check the reputation of the source or store before you make your purchase. Best to get recommendation from friends and knowledgeable people who know who trusted sellers are.
- When storing the bottle of wine, always make sure that it is stored in a cool and dark place.
How can I save money?
- Purchasing six or more bottles of the same kind of wine or champagne would entitle you to great discounts.
- Before you commit to a hundred dollar price tag, make sure that you like the wine first. Many find that this type of wine actually isn’t worth the price.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.