How Much Does a Dozen Bagels Cost?
When it comes to buying a dozen bagels, customers can select from an assortment of bagels, similar to a dozen donuts. Depending on the restaurant or bakery, you can customize your dozen with your preference of a signature, classic or gourmet topped bagels, along with a side of cream cheese.
How much is it?
- On average, the prices of a dozen bagels will depend on the restaurant and type of bagel you want to purchase. On average, one dozen bagels will cost about $7 to $11. The gourmet-topped bagels may cost 30 percent more.
- According to a handful of people who answered this question on Yahoo! Answers, many stated that they paid anywhere from $6 to as much as $15.
- TheBagelFactory.com charges $9.98 for a baker’s dozen.
What is going to be included?
- A bagel is a premium bread and can be described as one of the most popular breakfast items in most bakeries. Bagels are prepared fresh each day using unbleached flour in order to create the perfect sourdough.
- In addition to the plain bagel flavor, there are poppy seeds, garlic, sesame seeds, kosher salt and toasted onion flakes. Depending on the bakery, you may also find flavors that include cheddar cheese, parmesan, gingerbread, cinnamon sugar, strawberry, cranberry, blueberry, chocolate chip and more. You can even get different flavors of cream cheese to put on top of your bagels such as chive and onion flavors.
What are the extra costs?
- Ordering additional items, such as coffee and cream cheese, can be an additional cost. Each cream cheese spread should cost about $0.50 to $1.50 each.
- As stated above, gourmet bagels could cost 30 percent more than the standard bagels.
- Taxes may not be included.
Tips to know:
- One may not consider bagels as a weight-loss friendly food. In reality, bagels are high in carbohydrates, refined sugar, calories, and this can be considered as enemies to anybody on a diet.
- Bakeries often have the “baker’s dozen,” which consists of 13 instead of 12.
How can I save money?
- You can use coupons and take advantage of the various special offers available from a number of restaurants to get discounted prices on your bagels. Check out their social media accounts or official website to see if there any deals available.
- Try to stick with the plain bagels to save the most money.
- A dozen bagels at the local grocery store is often cheaper than the bakery.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.