How Much Does the El Caballero Country Club Cost?
The El Caballero Country Club is a golf club located in the San Fernando Valley of southern California. El Caballero was the name of a creek that drained rainfalls from the Santa Monica Mountains. In the 19th century, the land was sold to ranchers, and by 1915, the ranch was sold to Edgar Rice Burroughs, who had the vision to build a golf course. At first, the golf club did not attract many people, but by 1929, the Burroughs lost the whole ranch due to the Great Depression. After that, a man named Norman Herman purchased the land and after his death, in 1957, the founder of today’s El Caballero golf club — Bernie Shapiro — purchased it.
How much is it?
- The country club has a variety of membership types to choose from and each membership varies in price. The higher-end golf membership has an initiation fee of about $45,000 and the monthly dues are about $200. This is according to the HollywoodReporter.com.
The club offers the following types of memberships: participating member, junior executive member, sport/Social member and non-resident member.
- The participating membership includes full access, golf on the championship 18 hole course, driving range and areas to practice. The tennis club, the fitness, the dining room, the aquatic center and many more facilities are included as well. Moreover, this type of member has voting rights in the club.
- The junior executive membership offers access anytime from Tuesday to Friday and after 12:00 on weekends. This membership includes unlimited access to golf practicing area, tennis club, fitness center, driving range, dining room and other amenities. This membership is available only under the age of 43 and members do not any voting rights.
- The sports/social membership have full access to the amenities of the El Caballero country club. These members are able to attend golf lessons and the golf practicing areas from Tuesday to Friday. Voting rights are not applicable to this type of membership.
- The non-resident membership is designed for those who live in another state of 200 miles and more from the club. They are offered full access to the tennis club, fitness center, aquatic center and the dining room up to four months in the year. These members can use the golf practice facilities or attend any lessons Tuesday through Sunday. They have no voting rights.
What is going to be included?
- The club offers an 18-hole golf course, six tennis courts, a 3,150 square foot fitness center, day lockers, outdoor pool and a dining room.
What are the extra costs?
- Professional lessons will be an extra cost to consider.
- Special events held throughout the year can be extra.