How Much Does the El Niguel Country Club Cost?
The El Niguel Country Club is located in Laguna Niguel, California. The 18-hole golf course was opened in 1963 on land that was previously used for cattle ranching. The golf course was built by Laguna Niguel Corporation to serve as an encouragement to developers around the area. The current clubhouse was put up in 1972. The club is a member-owned club, which was incorporated in 1976 by 23 founders.
How much is it?
- The initiation fees for an equity membership is believed to be around $100,000 and monthly fees are in the $1,000 range.
- According to an LA Times article written in the last 1980s, the initiation fee at that time were in the $72,000 range.
There are three different membership categories: Equity Memberships, Junior Associate Memberships and Social Associate Memberships.
- Equity Membership: This membership is available to anyone over the age of 21. Full membership privileges are offered to a member’s spouse or significant other and to dependents who are younger than 26. Equity members have full voting rights. There are 485 memberships available.
- Junior Associate Membership: This membership category is available to those who are under the age of 40. This membership includes full membership privileges. These members pay reduced monthly charges which are based on the member’s age. There are 15 of these memberships available.
- Social Associate Membership: Members who do not play golf may also enjoy the benefits of the club’s facilities through a social membership. Social associate members are entitled to full use of the dining facilities and can participate in non-golf related special events.
What is going to be included?
- Memberships at El Niguel are by invitation only.
- The El Niguel Country Club offers an 18-hole golf course, a fitness center and a clubhouse. The club also offers grounds and amenities for private events like weddings, tournaments and banquets.
What are the extra costs?
- Private and group lessons can be an additional cost.
- Social activities and events held throughout the year can be an additional cost.
- Tournaments held throughout the year.