How Much Does a Elks Club Membership Cost?
The Elks Club is one of the oldest and largest fraternal organizations in the United States. Founded in 1868, more than 1.2 million members have joined in over 2,000 communities.
How much is it?
- A membership is open to American citizens who believe in god and are older than 21. The cost of an Elk Club membership is going to depend on the geographical location. Most locations will have a $50 to $75 application fee and annual fees can be anywhere from as little as $30 to more than $500. Initiation fees can be as little as $50 to more than $1,000. Again, it’s going to depend on the geographical location. Most of the time, initiation fees are going to be less than $200 and monthly dues are rarely over $20.
- For example, the Elks Club in Pennsylvania charges a $75 initiation fee and $40 for the year.
- In Honolulu, a Yelp member stated the Elks Club here charged a $1,000 initiation fee and $25 per month.
What is going to be included?
- Elks members enjoy various privileges. These include dinners on various nights, lunches throughout the week, occasional dancing and karaoke music and inexpensive drinks. Needless to say, membership gives you access to the pool, golf course and other facilities in the club. Overall, however, the Club is a place where children grow up, families shares meals and neighbors come together. Each club is going to offer its own amenities.
- As part of the community outreach program, Elks Club supports arts programs, youth athletics, 4-H programs and Boys and Girls Clubs. The Club often acts as a meeting place for Scout troops. The aim of these programs is to ensure that no child is forgotten or ignored.
- To become a member, you must live in the jurisdiction and will need two co-sponsors who are current members. After an application is filled out, it will be forwarded to an Investigation Committee. Once received, a time and date will be set up for an interview. After the interview is conducted, most applicants will receive a response within 10 days to two months.
What are the extra costs?
- Meals and drinks can be an additional cost. The Elks Club is known for its cheap drinks and food. For example, beer and wine can be less than $3.
- Holding a private event, such as a wedding, can be an additional cost to consider.
Tips to know
- Membership is by invitation only. The club, on average, takes about two months to approve a new membership application. The applicants appear before the Elks Investigating Committee and admitted members have to undergo initiation and indoctrination.
- As part of the Elks National Foundation, this club also contributes towards annual awards of over $3 million for college scholarships. These scholarships include the Most Valuable Student Grant, Vocational Grants, Emergency Grants and Legacy Grants. Members can also apply for these scholarships to save money.
How can I save money?
- The Elks Club provides many no-cost programs that are used in schools to create opportunities for enriching student lives and provide a better education. The young people in the club are partners in various Elks community service programs. For example, the Drug Awareness Program provides schools and communities with material to encourage young people to make healthy and smart lifestyle choices with regards to drugs and alcohol abuse.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.