How Much Does Game Ready Cost?
The Game Ready System is an injury treatment system of choice for multiple Physiotherapy, Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation clinics all over the world. While cold therapy has been shown to reduce pain and muscle spasms, the Game Ready System goes beyond the passive cold and compression applications; it has the pro-active power to aid in the healing process.
Game Ready leverages the NASA spacesuit technology to deliver intermittent compression and adjustable cold therapy simultaneously in an all-in-one and easy-to-use system. Simply fill the system control unit with water and ice, put the knee wrap on and connect it to the control unit. Then, adjust the temperature, pressure and timer settings, and press start. For patients recovering from an injury or surgery, Game Ready offers the most comprehensive utilization of cryo-therapy and compression.
How much is it?
- On average, Game Ready can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $4,500 per unit. This will not include the price for the additional wraps that connect to the unit.
- Medco-Athletics.com, for instance, sells a Game Ready control unit for $2,545. Additional wraps retail for $180 to as much as $430.
- On Amazon.com, a brand new professional kit retails for $2,900.
- If you only need to use the Game Ready system for a small amount of time, the unit can be rented from local medical supply companies. You may have to purchase your own wrap, but some stores may rent those as well. In most cases, this will be covered by your insurance company as part of your rehab.
What is going to be included?
- Game Ready leverages the patented NASA spacesuit technology to help people recover from their injuries or orthopedic surgery. This system is based on Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (RICE), which is a proven standard in the treatment of acute injury as well as supporting in rehabilitation. Game Ready offers you a comfortable, convenient, and portable tool that one can use for therapy in the training room, on the road, or on the field.
- This Game Ready System is quite different from the traditional treatment methods such as simple circulating ice water units and ice packs. The system continuously cycles fluid all through the form-fitting and flexible wrap, thereby keeping it cold all through the entire duration of a treatment or application. With adjustable time pressure as well as temperature settings, therapy sessions can be tailored to each athlete’s and injury’s individual needs.
- The features of Game Ready, which help facilitate the RICE principle, include six pre-set continuous run programs, a simple user interface, a wide opening to enable simple handling of ice and water, as well as an ergonomic handle for easy carrying.
What are the extra costs?
- Some dealers will charge you shipping and handling costs for delivery of the unit in its packaging.
- You may need minimal training in operating Game Ready system at an additional cost. Depending on your use, you may need to have more than one person trained in operating the system.
- If the unit is not returned in a clean state after a rental, you may incur a cleaning fee. All rentals need a physician’s prescription so that any third-party insurance can cover the device.
- You can add extra Game Ready wraps that retail for $300 to $800 each. The cost will depend on the part of the body.
- A rechargeable battery pack can retail for $300 to $400.
- A carry bag can retail for $125 to $200.
Tips to know:
- Game Ready does not utilize any chemicals, refrigerant gas, or glycol. The equipment can be operated with minimal training. With its adjustable temperature and compression levels, patented ergonomic wraps, and its portable design, Game Ready can be integrated into a number of treatment protocols.
- Game Ready’s circumferential wraps are comfortable to apply and easy to use without the hassle or mess of ice packs.
- Game Ready referrals are also used in non-surgical settings for injury or rehabilitation.
- A 1-year warranty is offered on Game Ready Control Units and every wrap’s air and water chamber.
How can I save money?
- Most commercial health insurance companies cover the device all or part of the cost of purchasing or use of this device. Check with your insurance company to establish their reimbursement policy. For those people without insurance, they can get cash-pays or self-pay plans provided by a number of Game Ready Dealers. If you do not have a policy or are looking for a new one, consider browsing through hundreds for free at eHealthInsurance.com.
- One can opt to buy used Game Ready units or pay for rental equipment through the various Game Ready system rental programs available.
- Also, you can enroll to a Game Ready facility that offers full use of their entire Game Ready facility for its members. There is normally free shipping for orders above some amount of purchases.
- Training videos can be found online, so you may be able to save money on training.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.