How Much Do Ganaraskan Dogs Cost?
Ganaraskan dogs, also known as Gannys, are a mix of four breeds: the Bichon Frise, Miniature Poodle, Miniature Schnauzer and English Cocker. As a result, the texture of the dog’s coat can have many variations; however, all Ganny’s coats share several common traits, such as the coat which is, in fact, hair and not fur. The fur tends to be curly and exceptionally fine. Instead of a double coat, Gannys have a single coat that can be prone to things such as knots. Hence, the dog has to be brushed or groomed at least every other day to maintain its cleanliness and to keep it matte free.
These dogs are quite small and originated from Canada where they were commonly used as a therapy dog. Being a new breed that was developed in the 1970s, it still hasn’t been recognized by any major kennel club.
How much is it?
- The average cost of Ganaraskan is going to range from $800 to $2,000. Keep in mind that these dogs are very hard to find and can be quite rare. Since it really isn’t acknowledged, most breeders don’t focus on this specific mix. In fact, if you do find a breeder, there is a good chance that you will have to put your name on a waiting list.
- An older Ganny dog that is older than two years old can cost anywhere from $500 to $1,000+.
What is going to be included?
- Most reputable breeders are going to provide you with registration papers, the latest vaccinations, health information and a health guarantee. Depending on the breeder, a microchip will be included, and the dog will be either neutered or spayed.
- These are small dogs that often weigh 15 to 19 pounds when full grown.
- Males can grow 13 to 20 inches, while females will be slightly smaller at 14 to 16 inches.
- As for its look, it has medium to long-length hair and it can either be wavy and/or curly. Some of the most common coat colors include black, red, white, cream, apricot, brown, black and tan.
- The eyes tend to be round, bright and darker in color. Its face has been said to resemble the Miniature Schnauzer since they have the same mustache and eyebrows.
- As for its temperament, the dog is known to be loving, gentle and is known to be a wonderful family dog. They tend to be quite active and love to play; however, they enjoy their quiet time as well. Overall, they are mild-mannered and won’t make great guard dogs.
What are the extra costs?
- This dog should be professionally groomed at least once a week to help keep the coat smooth and tangle free. Grooming can start at $50 per session and go up from there, depending on what you want to have done.
- Since the Ganny has only a single coat, keeping warm in some climates is not easy. It may require a special dog coat in case of long periods of time outside or in locations with harsher winters.
- The necessary recurring dog expenses and accessories such as the dog bowl, leash, food, vet checkups in the future, and all other dog-maintenance expenses will be extra.
Tips to know
- The dog was named after the Ganaraska River, which can be found in Ontario, Canada.
- The life span can be 11 to 15 years.
- It’s considered an hypoallergenic dog.
- The average litter size is four to five dogs.
- This breed does best in a colder climate.
How can I save money?
- Pet shops often buy from puppy mills. Consider purchasing from a certified rescue club or breeder. Don’t focus on the price when comparing prices with breeders.