How Much Does Golden Corral Cost Per Person?
Golden Corral is an American chain of restaurants that serves breakfast, lunch, dinner as a buffet style. They also have a Brass bell bakery and a carving station. It is a privately-owned company with 480 restaurants in 41 states in the United States. Because it is a buffet setting, it is all-you-can-eat for everyone in your party.
How much is it?
- Dinner and lunch at Golden Corral will cost you around $7 and $14 per person. The costs are going to depend on the time of the day, geographical location, and whether or not any promotions are going on. Breakfast usually varies depending on the location of the outlet, but it usually costs less than $10. Kids, who are 3 years and younger, are not charged for breakfast. Breakfast for kids who are older than 3 cost $6.95. They also offer dinner promotion and golden deals at reduced prices for couples during certain periods of the year.
- If you want to take food to go, they will charge $4.95 per pound.
- According to some users on TasteofHome.com, they were charged anywhere from $7.95 to $11.99 per person for dinner.
What is going to be included?
- Golden Corral is a buffet restaurant which mainly specializes in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also offer fresh cakes and bread from their bakery buffet and they have a dessert buffet as well. It is known for healthy food and a pleasant family atmosphere.
- The Golden Corral has been operating for over 40 years and has managed to gain clients and their trust to date. They have a variety of steaks, chicken, seafood and freshly cut fruits, salads, and veggies. They have an extensive menu that accommodates all ages and they also have vegetarian options. They have ample space for celebrations and special occasions.
According to Golden Corral, the following are some menu options. These are not available at all locations but are commonly seen choices.
- Hot Bar. The hot portion of the bar will have all different kinds of meat, such as chicken, pork, ham, burgers, fish, shrimp, steak, roast beef, etc. It will also have a wide variety of vegetables such as beans, corn, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, cabbage, etc. Dishes such as spaghetti, fettuccini, potatoes, rice, macaroni and cheese, and other favorites can also be found at the hot bar.
- Cold Bar. The cold bar is basically a salad bar, which has different types of lettuce, such as iceberg or spinach; a variety of toppings, such as cheese, croutons, meat, veggies, bacon bits, etc.; and dressings such as ranch, Italian, and different vinaigrettes.
- Soup and Potato Bar. Here you can make a baked potato with all the toppings that you like as well as grab a bowl of any or all varieties of soups.
- Dessert. There is a dessert bar that contains many different types of cakes, brownies, cookies, etc. Most buffets also have ice cream and all the toppings.
What are the extra costs?
- Drinks are normally charged on the side. Buffet prices do not include drinks; however, there could be an offer that caters for both from time to time. Ask whoever is serving you before you place your order to avoid later misunderstanding. Drinks will typically cost $2 to $3.
- While optional, a tip will not be included in the buffet pricing. Most people tip a little bit less at a buffet since the waitresses do not do as much work. However, remember that they still serve and refill your drinks as well as clear your table of dirty dishes any time it needs to be cleared.
Tips to know:
- For large groups, you can always book a reservation in advance through their website. You can find exact locations of any of its restaurants using the Golden Corral location finder. If you let the restaurant know that you are coming, they will make sure that you have enough seating for your whole group as well as enough of each type of food.
- Every November, they hold an appreciation dinner for the military; they also have special offers for kids and club members during their birthdays including appetizers and cakes.
How can I save money?
- From time to time, you may be able to find printable coupons or discounts. For example, with one deal, you have to fill out their card from their website and after enrolling, you can get a coupon. Seniors always get discounts at the restaurants. You can also find coupons at households or local newspapers and coupon circulars. You can also get coupons online from sites like eBay. Before you get a coupon, always check for its validity first.
- Try to get to the restaurant before they switch over to dinner. While the lunch selection may be smaller, the costs are up to half off.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.