How Much Does H&R Block Cost?
With H&R Block, you get to meet a tax professional face-to-face, or you can do it through their online software solutions. Their tax preparer solutions are easy to use and help maximize your tax refund. H&R Block takes you through all the steps, checks for errors, and shows you where the corrections need to be made.
How much is it?
- The cost of having taxes prepared at H&R Block varies depending upon the complexity of the return, the geographical location, and how fast one wants his or her return. Simple base returns start at $70, while complex cases may cost hundreds of dollars. On average, most locations charge about $39 to as much as $120 for a simple federal 1040 filing. For advanced fillings that require more forms, the costs can be between $100 and $450.
- To download H&R Block software, you can expect to pay $0 to as much as $99+.
- According to a recent study performed by the National Society of Accountants, people paid an average of $189 for H&R Block services.
What is going to be included?
- H&R Block is one of the largest online tax preparers in the U.S., offering both online and software solutions to help you file you return. H&R Block offers significantly less expensive services compared to other companies in the tax filing business.
- At H&R Block, their pricing covers more than just the tax returns, it includes more than 50 years of experience as well. Their trained tax professionals take the time to assess and review your individual tax needs so that they can offer you an accurate quote in advance – before they even begin their tax returns.
- Refunds are handed out on a debit MasterCard, check, or via direct deposit.
What are the extra costs?
- H&R Block offers e-filing for an additional fee.
Tips to know:
- H&R Block guarantees that they will get you the largest refund you are entitled to.
- You can speak to an experienced tax professional at any time of the year.
- In case H&R Block makes an error, they will pay any penalty and interest. You can receive a free second look on you previous year’s tax return, and they can check for money that others may have missed.
How can I save money?
- In each case, H&R Block charges vary greatly depending on the promotions they are running, how fast you need your returns, and how complicated your taxes are. They sometimes offer discounts off their pricing.
- Be sure to look out for special promotions. For instance, H&R Block offers a flat rate of $29.95 for full-time students.
- Some H&R Block walk-in locations will review, prepare, and file your federal 1040 form free of charge if you meet the set requirements and file (and pay for) state returns.
- Don’t forget to compare other accountants in your area to see what they will charge.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.