How Much Do Corsages Cost?
A corsage is a small group of flowers that can either be worn on the wrist or pinned to a jacket or dress. Corsages are common at many events, including dances, formal events and weddings. The corsage is made to coordinate the colors and style of the event. For example, if attending a high school dance, the guy may buy the girl a corsage that complements her dress and his shirt. For a wedding, corsages are usually worn by the groomsmen (since the bridesmaids have bouquets) and are made to match the colors of the wedding and to complement the flowers used for decoration.
How much is it?
- A fresh flower pin-on corsage is going to cost anywhere from $5 to $65.
- A corsage that is worn around the wrist can cost anywhere from $20 to $65. This higher price is due to the fact that a wrist corsage is significantly larger than a pin-on corsage.
- The type of flower will influence the price of the corsage. A corsage made from a higher-end flower such as a rose can cost $35 to $45 while a carnation will be considerably cheaper.
- Silk flowers can cost anywhere from $10 to $25. For more information, see “How much do fake flowers cost?”
- FTD.com, a popular florist online, has a great selection of corsages that range in price anywhere from $24.99 to $65. Their White Calla Corsage retails for $24, while their Poetry(TM) package retails for $65.
- RosesToGoFlorist.com, another online florist, has corsages that range from $6 to as much as $40. Their lower-end corsages include ones such as a 1-red rose corsage retails for $6.50, while their 7-mini rose corsage retails for $40.
What is going to be included?
- A small corsage will have one to two flowers, while a larger corsage can have as many as six flowers. Coupled with the main flower, a corsage can be surrounded by greens and baby’s breath.
- A pin-on corsage is often used for a man’s suit. These are commonly referred to as boutonniere Along with the corsage will be a stem that can be pinned directly to the suit jacket, and the pin will be given with the corsage.
- Corsages that are not pinned on will have an elastic strap that can be adjusted around the wrist.
- Corsages can also come with different colored ribbons or bows that can be match to the flowers or the colors of the outfit being worn.
What are the extra costs?
- It is so important that something such as a corsage is ordered well ahead of time. Rushing at the last minute can lead to fees that can increase the cost by more than two times the price. To play it safe, order a corsage at least four weeks ahead of time.
Tips to know:
- Try to pick up the corsage the day of the event. Since the florist will know how to properly store them, this will reduce the chance of the flower wilting before the event begins.
- Some florists often have corsages on display that you can purchase right away. By avoiding a custom order, this is a great way to save a few dollars. However, this will not guarantee that you will find one to match the colors of the event or dress.
- If this corsage is for a prom date, be sure to know what kind of dress she is wearing. A strapless dress will require a wrist corsage, while one with a strap can use a pin-on. It is also wise to have the corsage match the dress color.
- Corsages can be dried out in the same way that a bouquet of flowers can be. This will allow you to have the corsage as a keepsake of the event.
How can I save money?
- If the corsage is going to be used for the wedding, see if you can take advantage of any wedding bouquet deals. You may find that many florists can include the bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet and more in a packaged deal. These deals can save you more than 20%.
- Depending on the season, flower prices will range in price. Be sure to ask the florist what flowers are in season so that you can get the cheapest and freshest flower possible.
- For those that are creative, try creating your own corsage.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.