How Much Do Pine Trees Cost?
Pine trees are evergreen, coniferous resinous trees that can grow more than 260 feet tall. These trees are known to be long lived, often living longer than 1,000 years.
How much is it?
- The price of a pine tree will depend on the size, quality of the tree, geographical location and where it’s purchased. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $2 to as much as $300 for a pine tree.
- A smaller one gallon tree can be more toward the $2 to $25 range while a larger tree that is over 10 feet tall can cost more than $200.
- PorkyFarms.com is an online nursery that sells American red pine trees. They sell young red pine trees as well as red pine trees that are 14 feet in height. The price for this type of pine tree ranges anywhere from $2 to $65 per tree.
- The Nursery at Ty Ty is another nursery that sells pine trees. For instance, pine trees such as the Loblolly Pine Tree and longleaf are sold here. The sizes for the trees that they sell range from 1 gallon to 8 feet tall and can cost $13 to $260.
- Pine trees that can be used as Christmas trees are sold at most nurseries as well as stores such as Hope Depot or Lowes. Christmas trees can range from $20-$150 depending on the size, type, and store selling it.
What is going to be included?
- There are nurseries that sell young pine trees and they can be placed in pots which the nurseries can provide. The pots are made of rubber and the tree can be removed from this once it grows bigger.
- Pine trees have several varieties and they can grow in different types of climate. Make sure that you ask dealers regarding this matter so that you will be able to buy the right tree for your area.
What are the extra costs?
- Nurseries that sell full grown trees require clients to pick them up from the store. They can provide delivery of the product, although charges for the delivery will be incurred.
- If the tree has to be planted professionally, the cost can greatly vary depending upon the size of the tree. To get a good estimate, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to help find a low-cost landscaper.
Tips to know:
- If you are going to grow your own pine tree, you will need to remember that the different pine trees grow in various weather conditions. The soil where you plant them will also be a factor for how well the tree will grow.
- Most nurseries that sell pine trees offers different kinds of pine trees. Make sure that you research the different types of trees and how to take care of each one. The right environment can make the tree grow well and faster.
How can I save money?
- If you do not need a big tree right away, consider buying a seedling or a small tree which you can take care of yourself until it grows. It may take time before the tree grows to its full potential, but the price of the seedlings is considerably less compared to buying a full grown tree.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.