How Much Do Ramen Noodles Cost?
Ramen is a noodle dish that comes in either two types: dry noodles and the soup. Ramen noodles can either be served with meat, fish or it can be a dish by itself.
How much does it cost?
- On average, the price of the ramen noodles will be only $0.25 to $0.45 per pack.
- On Amazon.com ramen noodles can cost as much as $0.52 per package. For example, a box of 36 Maruchan Ramen Noodles retails for $18 .
What is going to be included?
- Ramen noodles can come in two main forms. First, you can buy a package of dry noodles. With this type, you will need to boil water and then cook the noodles. There will be a sauce packet included, which you will add to the noodles after boiling them. Depending on your preference, you can either drain the water completely, leave a small amount in, or leave a lot in to make it into soup rather than a noodle dish.
- The second form of ramen noodles is the microwaveable soup form. These will be slightly more expensive but are still quite cheap compared to other food items. Ramen noodles sold as soup will come in a styrofoam cup filled with dry noodles and flavoring. This simply needs to be filled with water to the designated fill line and then put in the microwave. The container will have instructions regarding how much water and how long to cook the noodles.
- In addition to the different forms, ramen noodles also come in a variety of flavors. For example, there are both chicken and beef flavored spice packets available for the dry noodles. These same flavors, along with many others, are available in the soup form. With the soup, however, there will also be vegetables such as carrots and peas.
What are the extra costs?
- If preparing the ramen noodles at home, the price of the ingredients for your noodle dish or soup will be your extra costs. These ingredients include the price of meat or fish, additional spices, vegetables and others.
- If you are to order it online, your shipping fee will be something that you should consider.
Factors that influence the price:
- Type. The type of ramen noodles can be used as its basis of price. Since the ramen can either prepared as homemade or not, you should consider your personal preferences rather than the price. If the ramen is instant, it might cost you less.
- Brand. The price of the ramen noodles probably depends on the demand of the people on a certain brand. The price will also be determined by the store from which you purchase it.
- Main ingredient type. Your ramen can either be meat-based or fish-based. While there is not a large price difference, some ingredients can cost more than others and can therefore change the price of the noodle dish.
Tips to know:
- Scan the internet for successful tips in preparing a ramen at home if you are doing it for the first time. Some videos on youtube.com will provide you some tips in preparing your ramen.
- While ramen can be a cheap and quick meal, it is filled with as much as 1,770 grams on sodium in one serving. This is half the recommended sodium intake for a 2,000 calorie diet. To avoid the high sodium levels, consider using healthier spices rather than the packet that comes inside the box.
How can I save money?
- Buy instant ramen with flavorings to avoid the cost of buying your own spices.
- Use alternatives like salt and pepper. This can prevent your from spending additional money on other flavor enhancers.
- You can save if you buy a whole box and not a single pack. Generally, the more that you purchase at one time, the more you are going to be able to save per pack.
- Check the local newspaper for coupons from name brands.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.