How Much Do Socks Cost?
Socks are one of the basic necessities of anyone’s wardrobe. The purpose of a sock is to provide cushion and warmth for a person’s foot when wearing shoes. Socks can come in all sorts of varieties, styles, colors, and cuts.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a pack of socks can retail anywhere from $8 to as much as $26. Typical packs are going to come with as many as 12 pairs of socks.
- Socks designed for flat shoes can range anywhere from $4 to $9 for a pack of three.
- Men’s dress socks can cost anywhere from $10 to as much as $30 for a few pairs.
- For instance, among the high-end socks in the market are listed on the website Ralphlauren.com, the price ranges anywhere from $14 to as high as $26 or more.
- For most retailers on the market, the cheapest range was found at retailers such as Walmart, with the price ranging around $10 for three pairs.
What is going to be included?
- Most pairs of socks are going to come in a pack of ten. However, your dress socks can often come in smaller packs, which is usually around two or three. You can also buy individual pair of socks in some places.
- Socks can come in many varying lengths. This can include ankle cuts, crew socks, which come up past the ankle and knee-highs socks, which come close to the knee cap.
- Most socks come in either white or black. However, dress socks of novelty socks can have different patterns and colors.
- Sock sizes will be based on the shoe size that you wear.
- Casual socks are going to be made from cotton, while dress socks are made from a polyester.
- Popular brands that design socks include Nike, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Adidas and more.
What are the extra costs?
- A first of the extra costs that you might have to pay for would be the features that allow better movement of moisture.
- Essentially, when you think of socks, you may want to consider those that come with the medical benefits. Some socks are made specifically for a particular diseases or ailment, and this means that you may have to pay more for them.
- Shipping fees may apply online if the retailer’s minimum hasn’t been met.
- Sadly, socks are bound to get holes or stains over time. It’s best to budget getting a new pair at least every six months.
Types of socks:
- Normal wear. The average sock usually comes in white and can be cut in different ways. These cuts can include under the ankle bone, above the ankle bone, mid-calf, and knee high. Most of these socks will have reinforced toes and heels, since this is usually wear holes can appear.
- Sports. Some socks are made specifically for wear while playing sports. These socks are usually much thicker than normal socks and can also be much tighter. Many new socks are also termed compression socks, which means that they are even thicker and tighter around the arch of the foot to provide more support.
- Slipper. There are socks known as slipper socks that are made specifically for warmth. These socks are usually fuzzy and warm and can be cut to the ankle or the mid-calf. They are usually much more decorative in design and are made to be more fun.
- Dress. These socks are made specifically to be worn with dress shoes. They can be made for men or women, but are more common for men. Dress socks are usually black, gray, blue, or brown so that they match a man’s dress pant and shoes. Dress socks are usually slightly thinner than normal socks so they are able to easily slide into dress shoes.
- Novelty. Some socks are made with fun designs and colors. This can include designs for certain sports teams or popular characters.
Factors that influence the price:
- The type of material used for the socks would be a major aspect that affects its cost and pricing. The rarer the material is to be used for the socks, the higher the price may be.
- Additional features such as circulation aspects and anti-allergenic types would be elements that would add to its cost.
- Specifically made socks for a disease or ailment will be considered as the most expensive.
Tips to know:
- It is best to look into the type of activity for which the socks will be used. If you play for a particular sport, then you might have to consider using specifically crafted socks for it.
- Consider the higher quality socks as these are made with the best materials and will ensure comfort for the feet.
How can I save money?
- The best way for you to save money on the socks is to search for them on the internet. Retailers are out there that offer great discounts for socks sold in volumes. Hence, the more that you purchase at a time, the more you can typically save. If you just want plain socks, consider lower priced brands such as Hanes of Fruit of the Loom.
- There are some socks sold at the dollar store, but these are not the best quality.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.