How Much Does a Big Mac Cost?
The Big Mac can be purchased at any McDonald’s in any city. The product is two large hamburger patties piled on each other, and it comes with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and secret sauce.
How much is it?
- Depending on the city you live in, the Big Mac itself may cost around $3 to $5.
What is going to be included?
- The Big Mac is 100% pure beef with special sauce on a sesame seed bun. It is topped with cheese, lettuce, onion and pickles. It will either come in a wrapper or in a container that resembles a carryout box.
- When you purchase a Big Mac, you will be able to ask for extra sauce, but you will only be able to get up to two packets.
- The average Big Mac has 550 calories, 25 grams of protein, 29 grams of fat, 46 grams of carbs and 970 mg of sodium.
- Throughout the world, there are different variations of the Big Mac. For example, in Europe, they have the Big Big Mac. In China, Australia and other countries, they have what is known as the Mega Mac. The MacKinley-Mac, located in Alaska only, is only sold in that state.
What are the extra costs?
- The extra costs to think about is purchasing the entire meal. The entire meal, which is in the form of a combo meal, usually comes with the sandwich, an order of french fries, and a soda. The meal, depending on what city it is purchased in, can cost anywhere from $5 to $7. Meals can often be ordered in small, medium, or large sizes. This size will determine the size of the sandwich, fries, and soda that the customer will receive. And of course, it will also determine the final price.
- The price will greatly depend on the geographical location. A place such as New York will cost a lot more than a city in the middle of Iowa. Also, McDonald’s that are located in a large commercial area such as an airport or stadium will cost much more than one on the corner.
Tips to know:
- The Big Mac was first introduced in 1968 and was considered the brainchild for the franchise.
- The Big Mac went through two names before becoming successful. The first was known as the “Aristocrat” and the second was known as the “Blue Ribbon Burger.” Neither one of these names caught on because of various reasons.
- Once a year, McDonald’s holds a Monopoly contest in which you get different pieces of the board with every purchase. A large sandwich or combo meal will usually get you two pieces, which means that you have two chances to win. Some of the prizes could include large items such as cars or a cruise, while others may be some type of free food or drink from the restaurant.
- The Big Mac is known to be a fairly unhealthy food. While there are a few good components, such as protein and certain vitamins, there are also many negative things. These include the fat, calories, cholesterol, etc. If you add fries and a drink, the calorie count could rise to as much as 1200 calories. Based on a 2000 calorie diet, that is over half of your allotted daily needs! McDonald’s does have a few healthier choices that you may want to try.
How can I save money?
- Most McDonald’s establishments release coupons throughout the month. These coupons can be found in your email or can be found in the local newspaper. One of the most common coupons that are found are the “buy one, get one free” sandwich coupon. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this.
- Of course, the best way to save money is to purchase just the burger and not the meal; however, there is one better way to save money and that is to make the sandwich right from home. The customer can purchase all of the ingredients to make the burger under what the price of the entire meal costs. For example, you can find out how to make the burger on TopSecretRecipes.com.