How Much Does a Bowflex Cost?
The Bowflex is the brand name for a series of at-home training equipment. Marketed by Nautilus, Inc., Bowflex sells its products through its website and various retailers.
How much does it cost?
- Like any other home gym equipment, the price for Bowflex depends on the model you purchase, the condition and where it’s purchased from. The price ranges from $1000 to over $3,000. The Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym, for example, costs about $1,000 while a specific product called the TreadClimber goes for $3,000 and up. However, there are other Bowflex products that cost considerably low. Bowflex Selecttech Dumbbells, for example, costs around $600.
- An article about Bowflex home gym equipment on Livestrong.com features some of Bowflex’s top products such as the: Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE and the Bowflex Revolution XP. In reference to the company’s website, the cost for these particular models are said to be around $1,599 and $2,499 respectively.
- Because there are so many models from which you can choose, consider visiting the official site of Bowflex.com.
- In the end, for a complete set up, plan on budgeting around $750 to as much as $3,000. Again, this is for a complete set up. Additional parts such as dumbbells, rods, BodyTowers and more can be within the $50 to $600 range.
Blaze Home Gym 340000
$750 to $1,100
$450 to $900
$780 to $1,300
Revolution Home Gym
$2,200 to $3,400
$2,200 to $3,000
$2,200 to $3,400
Xtreme Home Gym
$1,200 to $2,200
$1,400 to $2,400
What is going to be included?
- You can buy Bowflex equipment either at a local retailer or through the internet. However, shopping locally can sometimes be a disadvantage since newer models are not available. The good thing, however, is that you can inspect the Bowflex equipment personally. You can check on the damages to the machine and wear on the bench. Not to mention that there are no shipping costs to think about. The great thing about trying it out in person is that you can get a feel for it as well. All Bowflex machines are not created equally.
- Most of the time, there is a warranty given by the manufacturer. If the retailer does not give you one, then that is a red flag. Keep in mind that the warranty is not given to the entire piece of equipment. That means that some of the specific parts are warrantied. A manufacturer at Amazon.com, for example, gives a warranty for Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym’s frame for a year, rods for seven years and other parts for 60 days.
- Bowflex.com states that all machines are warrantied to the original purchaser. The limited warranties cover all defects in material or workmanship but do not cover commercial use or misuse by the consumer.
- Included in the purchase is an assembly manual for the Bowflex machine. You can just follow the step by step procedure in setting up the machine.
What are the extra costs?
- Set-up/Installation fee. Installing home equipment on your own can sometimes be rather difficult. Thus, you can do away with all the hassles of doing things all by yourself by hiring the retailer or the company’s in-home setup to do the job for you. The said service usually costs $250 to $400..
- Shipping fees. If you order online, you must consider setting aside a part of your budget for the shipping expenses and minimal taxes. Fortunately, some sites offer free shipping for the equipment.
Factors that influence the price:
- Specific Bowflex machine. As mentioned, prices vary according to the specific equipment you buy.
- Accessories. Some machines can come with more than just the complete home gym set up. As mentioned earlier, some gyms can come with additional upgrades, weights and more.
- Training. If you are unsure what you are doing on the machine, there are many DVDs out there that can help you with your workout routine. These usually cost around $15 to $40.
Tips to know:
- As with other machines, maintenance and cleaning of Bowflex equipment are a must. Always keep the machine clean, especially if you sweat a lot during exercise.
- Most Bowflex machines offer a total body workout. Thus, you really get the value of your money.
- Before you go on using your equipment, make sure that you are fully aware of how it works and how it should be operated.
How can I save money?
- Opt for a refurbished or used (yet still durable) piece of Bowflex equipment. Auctions sites such as eBay and Craigslist offer refurbished equipment at a low cost. Work out equipment is one of the most common things that is purchased and then used very little, so buying one that is previously owned may be almost as good as getting it new.
- Try to think about what your purpose is when using this machine. If you are only going to use it for certain exercise routines, then it is silly to purchase the higher-end models on the market.
- Exercise equipment always goes on sale around Christmas and especially New Year’s Eve. Look for special deals around this time.