How Much Does a Sheet Cake Cost?
A sheet cake is a simple cake that usually only involves a single layer of cake and either has buttercream or whipped frosting. Sheet cakes are baked in a large, flat rectangular pan. These cakes are readily available in most grocery stores or bakeries and can be designed for your specific event.
How much is it?
- Sheet cakes are sold in different bake shops and grocery stores. The factors that can affect the price are the size of the cake, the number of people it can serve, the type of ingredients used, the extent of the decorations, the type of frosting, and the reputation of the bakery selling the cake. On average, a sheet cake can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $150.
- Customized cakes can cost upwards of $150+ depending on what kind of design needs to be done as well as the reputation of the baker.
- For example, Cake Delight.com sells cakes in various sizes. Through their website, they sell sheet cakes that are 2 and a half inches high. They also sell ¼ to 1 full cake sheets which can serve 24 to 96 people. The price of the cakes based on these sizes can range anywhere from $55 to $150. The cakes comes with standard decorations, such as flowers or balloons on the cake.
- TheFenwickBakery.com is a bakery that sells sheet cakes. This bakery offers quarter to full sheet cakes as well as quarter to full jelly sheet. These cakes are decorated with flowers and frosting. The cakes sold through their bakery are priced anywhere from $20 to $68 depending on the size.
What is going to be included?
- The basic frosting and decorations will be included with the cake. If you have a dedication or a note that you would like to say to the celebrant, you may ask the bake shops’ receptionist to have it on the cake at no extra charge.
- The cakes sold have different designs and decorations; they also come in different flavors. Some cake would even have fruit on it; everything depends on what the bake shop or the grocery store sells.
- Most bakeries have pre-designed cakes that can be purchased with no pre-ordering necessary. You can also order the cake ahead of time, choose the specific decorations or themes, and have the cake personalized. This will not cost anymore than buying a pre-made cake.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional cost involves additional decorations that can be added to the cake. There are different figures that can be purchased and placed on top of the cake. These figurines can be licensed cartoon characters and can be made of resin or candy.
- Fruits can also be added to the sheet cake and the availability of the fruits for purchased can depend on the seller.
- Candles are very appropriate to go along with cakes and they are sold separately by the bake shop or grocery store.
How can I save money?
- To save money, make sure that you purchase a sheet cake that is the appropriate size for the event. Buying a large sheet cake for a small event can lead to waste since freshly baked cakes may not last longer than a week.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.