How Much Does ADP Payroll Cost?
ADP offers payroll packages that can accommodate small, medium, large, or massive corporations. This payroll service keeps track of your employees hours, salaries, time off, taxes, benefits, and anything else that has to do with paying your employees.
How much is it?
- For most companies, the cost of ADP payroll processing is going to depend on the number of employees and the type of services you need. The most basic package of ADP payroll will be around $10 per employee, per month, while an advanced payroll plan could cost upwards of $23 per employee, per month.
- According to toptenreviews.com, they claim that it can cost $159 per month for a business that has five employees.
- On PCWorld.com, he calculated that it would cost about $61 per month for 15 employees for a subscription that uses tax forms. On the other hand, it would cost $106 per month with time tracking. For Essential Payroll, it cost $284 and $370 for Enhanced Payroll.
- Docstoc.com states that most packages start at $160 per month.
What is going to be included?
- RUN, created by ADP, offers three types of plans: Essential Payroll, Enhanced Payroll and Complete Payroll. The last two programs will differentiate itself from the first one because it offers additional payroll and HR services.
- ADP, on the other hand, offers three packages: Compliance; Compliance with Pay Convenience; and Compliance with Pay Convenience and Reporting. To learn about what each plan can do for you, visit this web page.
- ADP is able to pay employees by check, direct deposit, or card. If the employee is paid by card, they will do the check printing for you. ADP can pay hourly, salary, and contract employees.
- Employees are able to view their paystubs, paid time off and more through the online ADP portal.
- Aside from payroll processing, the company offers tax services, including W-2 and 1099 processing.
- Everything that is processed through ADP will be recorded and saved in case you ever need to access it again in the future.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want ADP to process 1099s or W-2, additional fees can apply.
- Depending on the package chosen, a setup fee could be applied. For example, you may have to pay a fee each time a new employee is added or change is made to a person’s salary or payment type.
- Depending on the plan, some charges may be additional, such as direct deposit, issuing cash cards, vendor payments, payroll delivery, changing pay dates and insurance reporting.
Tips to know
- ADP is available for support via phone, chat, emailing or filling out a form on its website.
- Be sure get everything up front when it comes to the pricing. Since these companies are notorious for adding additional fees, it is important that you get an itemized quote so that you are not shocked with any unexpected prices.
- Due to the diversity of options, some people claim that it is not as user-friendly as other options.
Other services ADP offers
- Talent Management. ADP advisors can help you assess your employee’s overall performance, determine the demand for each employee or position, help you decide who you should and should not hire.
- Human Resources. Your human resources department can be transformed from a paperwork nightmare to an organized, paperless, and accurate records keeping service. ADP has a representative in Washington to make sure that all of its clients are kept up to date on legislative changes and Health Care Reforms.
- Benefits Administration. ADP benefits administration focuses on trying to find the best possible benefits package for the employees while saving you, the employer, as much money as possible. Having them do all the work will also save you the headache of making the decisions, filing the paperwork, and dealing with the employees.
How can I save money?
- Be sure to compare other payroll processing services like Intuit, ProPayroll, ONPAY, Paychex and SurePayroll.
- Know what kind of features you want ahead of time. For example, if you do not need the time-tracking feature, you could save $60 per month if you had 15 employees.
- Even though paying for payroll services may seem like a waste, someone will have to do it. Using a payroll service such as ADP will definitely be cheaper than paying a full-time employee to do the job.
- Referring new customers to ADP could lead to potential bonuses.
- If you have a smaller business, consider talking with a local accountant to see what they would charge.
- Since you will be working with a sales staff, do not be afraid to haggle on the costs.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.