How Much Does Almond Milk Cost?
Almond milk contains no cholesterol or lactose and is often consumed by those who want to avoid dairy products.
How much is it?
- Whole almond milk cost about $1.80 for 32 ounces, while organic almond milk is about $3.50 to $5 per 32-ounce pack.
- For instance, a six-pack of 32-ounce containers on Amazon retails for $18 to $22.
What is going to be included?
- Almond milk can be purchase in cartons similar to cardboard milk cartons, or it can be individually packaged in the same way juice boxes are packaged.
- Almond milk is a beverage that is commonly consumed as a milk substitute. It has been used as a substitute for animal milk since the Middle Ages, when the people then preferred it over fresh milk from the cow due to its long shelf life.
- Almond milk is a great choice as a milk substitute for people who want to lower their calorie and fat intake. Almond milk is a rich source of vitamin E, an antioxidant which can help prevent cancer, and slows the aging signs. The flavonoids contained in almond milk help reduce the amount of free radicals present in the body, thereby protecting one from various degenerative diseases such as type-2 diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Almond milk is made from only almonds and water, although manufacturers may add vanilla and sugar for flavor. Since almond milk does not contain animal products or any by-product, it is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Fortified almond milk contains as much vitamin D and calcium as dairy milk. In addition, it is rich in other minerals and vitamins, including potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, calcium, selenium, copper, iron and vitamin E. Almond milk contains no dietary cholesterol and is naturally low in saturated fat, so it will not damage your cardiovascular system.
- The milk is high in omega-3 fatty acids which help lower your levels of LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol) and protect your heart. Unless one has a nut allergy, this milk may be a useful alternative to dairy milk.
- Popular almond milk brands include Silk, Blue Diamond and Pacific.
Tips to know
- Almond milk has whole and 2-percent milk and contributes lower calories to your diet than other non-dairy alternatives. An 8 ounce serving of almond milk contains about 60 calories, while the other milk products range from 90-130 calories per serving.
- Almond milk contains about 3 grams of fat per each serving, but these are all healthy fats which help protect your heart as well as preserve cognitive function.
- Almond milk is lactose-free, and it contains no casein or gluten; it is a suitable and safe alternative for people who are allergic to casein or gluten, or those who suffer from lactose intolerance.
- Almond milk does not contain the nutrient content of breast milk or baby formula, and so it is not an acceptable milk substitute for feeding infants.
How can I save money?
- You can make almond milk yourself at home, and homemade almond milk is just as good for your health as any almond milk bought in a local grocery store. SlightlySteady.com shows you how it can be done.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.