How Much Does Kiwi Fruit Cost?
The kiwifruit is the edible berry of a woody vine in the genus Actinidia. Shaped as an oval, it is about two inches in diameter and has a dull greenish-brown skin. Inside, is a bright green flesh with rows of tiny edible seeds. This fruit is known to be cropped in Chile, Greece, France and Italy.
How much is it?
- The cost of kiwi will depend on the time of year, amount purchased, geographical location and where you’re purchasing it. On average, kiwi at a local grocery store or market can cost $0.25 to $0.75 per fruit. It is not uncommon for grocery stores to have them on sale for 4 for a $1.
- Kiwi can often come as a dried fruit snack. As a dried fruit, plan on spending anywhere from $2 to $5 per pound. For example, a five pound case of dried kiwi can cost $19 to $25.
- An online retailer, such as Hirt’s Gardens, offers kiwi fruits as well as other plants, and you can purchase them any day of the year. The price of kiwi fruit according to the site can range from $5 to $30.
What is going to be included?
- Kiwi fruits boast several flavors and textures; they have the characteristics of pineapple, strawberry and melon. There are several varieties of kiwis available and they each have different colors. The more popular ones are green while there are also yellow varieties of the fruit.
- Kiwi can be made into different byproducts that can be beneficial to the body. Since the fruit has several nutritional benefits, different companies have manufactured the fruit to be used in different health and beauty products.
What are the extra costs?
- There are certainly no additional costs involved when you buy kiwi fruit unless you buy it online since online stores would often charge for the shipping and handling of the product. The cost to ship the fruit would depend on the location from where the product would come and the number of kiwis ordered.
Tips to know:
- Kiwis can be used as garnish to add your favorite drinks; they are also a great addition in any fruit salad. You can also preserve kiwis which exponentially increases its flavor.
- Choosing fresh fruits is an important part when buying them. When you choose kiwis, look for unwrinkled and unblemished kiwis. You should also store them in room temperature away from other fruits since they will ripen quickly.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by browsing different websites that sell kiwi fruit. Fresh kiwi fruit is available in different online stores and can be purchased at discounted price. When you buy in bulk, the seller usually reduce the price of the fruit.
- Kiwi is a seasonal fruits that grows in abundance in a particular season. They are considerably cheaper during this time of year compared to when they are not in season. When in season, consider looking at local farmer’s markets to receive the most in savings.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.