How Much Does Tent Rental Cost?
Tent rental has been one of the most popular ways to celebrate an event outside. These tents are big enough to accommodate any number of people and can also shield guests from bad weather. Tents are collapsible structures that can be built on any surface, which gives event holders the flexibility to hold the event in any location that fits the celebration. Since the structure also does not call for any permanent building materials, choosing the decors and themes is also a breeze. The cost of tent rental depends on the size of the tent, the inclusions needed, the geographical location and company offering the tent rental.
How much are tent rental prices?
- The price of tent rental can range anywhere from $80 to $2,000 per day. Several companies offer tent rental services, and each can charge differently from one another. The price is mostly affected by the design of the tent as well as the type of decorations that will be put up inside the tent.
- A tent that can fit between 25 and 50 people will commonly be within the $300 to $600 price range. A larger tent that can fit up 150 people comfortably can cost anywhere from $450 to $1,300. One of the larger tents available that can fit up to 1,000 people can cost upwards of $2,000 per day.
- Tip Top Tents is a company that specializes in tents that are used for simple gathering and offer the rentals at affordable prices. The company has tents in different sizes and this is what makes the price different. A 20 x 20 foot pole tent that has different bright colors can cost anywhere from $200 to $210 per day, while bigger tents such as the 30 x 60 foot frame tents can cost $800 to $880. The overall price range for their tent rentals can be anywhere from $80 to $800.
- McGuffey Tents is another company that rents out tents. The company offers daily to monthly rentals of the tents that they provide. They have 3 types of tents available for rent and these are the pole, frame, and high peaked wedding tents. The pole tents’ size ranges from 10 x 10 feet to 40 x 100 feet, costing anywhere from $175 to $1,805. Frame tents sized anywhere from 10 x 10 feet to 30 x 60 feet can cost $175 to $1,355 daily.
Size of Tent
20×20 Pole Tent
$150 to $295
20×30 Pole Tent
$295 to $400
20×40 Pole Tent
$350 to $550
20×20 Frame Tent
$250 to $400
20×40 Frame Tent
$400 to $650
20×60 Frame Tent
$600 to $850
30×30 Frame Tent
$500 to $800
30×45 Frame Tent
$800 to $1,100
30×60 Frame Tent
$1,200 to $1,500
30×75 Frame Tent
$1,400 to $1,800
40×40 Frame Tent
$1,000 to $1,400
40×60 Frame Tent
$1,400 to $1,800
40×80 Frame Tent
$1,900 to $2,400
10×10 Festival Tent
$95 to $150
10×20 Festival Tent
$160 to $300
20×20 Festival Tent
$200 to $350
20×30 Festival Tent
$250 to $450
NOTE: Pole tents usually won’t have sides installed while a frame tent will. Festival tents are similar to a pole tent but tend to be a tad smaller.
What is going to be included?
- The tent rental will provide the complete structure, which includes the frame as well as the covering made from different types of materials.
- The company that provides the tent will also be responsible for surveying the area and determining if the land is suitable for the tent. They will also install and build the structure as well as remove it once the event is over.
What are the extra costs?
- Depending on the type of the event, the additional costs can be different. Decorations inside the tent that will match the event’s theme as well as the chairs and tables will cost extra.
- Many tent rental companies will charge extra for additional tables and chairs. These can either be set up by the company or can just be dropped off in a driveway, etc. See: “How much does table rental cost?”
- Many tent rental companies also deal with other novelties such as a bounce house, outhouses, popcorn machines and more. Depending on the event, these can be thrown in for an additional cost.
- Extra rental options can also include chandeliers, string lights and linens for the tables inside of the tent.
- A heater for the colder months can cost an additional $100 to $300 depending on the amount of power.
- Sidewalls can be added to any tent generally. For every seven to eight feet, plan on spending $30 to $50.
Tips to know:
- Tent rental service is just one option for putting on an event. Try to look for other types of venues that can hold the event and make sure that you choose the best one for your purpose.
- A general rule of thumb is that every 5 to 10 square feet of space should be an adequate amount of room for one person. Use this to determine the size of tent you will need.
How can I save money?
- The number of people that will attend the event is proportionate to how big the tent is. Always keep this in mind since big tents costs more. If you rent a big tent for a small event, this may be a waste of space and money.
- Consider ordering a package deal. Some rental companies can include the entire tent, a certain amount of tables, chairs and additional accessories for a set price.