How Much Does an Icare Tonometer Cost?
The Icare tonometer is a specialized instrument used by eye care professionals and patients to measure Intra Ocular Pressure (IOP). Manufactured by Icare Finland Oy, the Icare tonometer is based on a measuring principle in which an extremely light probe is used to make brief, gentle contact with the cornea without using anesthesia or air.
How much does it cost?
- The cost is going to greatly depend on where you purchase it. Plan on spending anywhere from $3,500 to $4,200.
- At GSA Advantage, the cost of Icare TA01i tonometer with a case is $3,598.
What is going to be included?
- Icare tonometers are easy-to-use handheld devices for measuring intra-ocular pressure without using anesthesia or air puffs. The instrument is designed with easy usage, requiring no eye drops or specialized skills. It is used by ophthalmologists, optometrists, and emergency departments for quick and painless measurement of eye pressure. The tonometer utilizes patented rebound technology, wherein a very light and small probe is used to make momentary contact with the cornea.
- Icare tonometers come in several models: Icare TA01i, Icare ONE, Icare PRO, Icare HOME for Doctors, Icare HOME for Patients, Icare TONOVET, and Icare TONOLAB. The Icare PRO tonometer comes with various features including 100 pieces of single-use, sterilized probes, an additional probe base with probe holder, a table stand, and a warranty certificate, with the manual on USB stick. Icare PRO has new, advanced features, which include: a built-in inclination sensor that allows downward measuring of supine patients; improved measuring algorithms with an enhanced number of measurement parameters; a scrollable history with more than a thousand measurement results; a docking station; and, a USB connection for data transfer and charging. Icare HOME for Patients is designed for use by glaucoma patients for home monitoring. It comes with a Patient Guide. Icare Home for Doctors is designed for use for glaucoma patients who require regular IOP monitoring as per the recommendation of their ophthalmologist. The package comes with a number of items including 10 sterilized single-use probes, a USB thumb drive containing an instruction manual for health care professionals and the Icare LINK Software. This tonometer does not display IOP measurements. The readings can be retrieved via Icare LINK software by doctors. Icare TONOVET tonometer is designed for use by general veterinary practitioners, veterinary ophthalmologists, and other veterinary medical personnel. Icare TONOLAB was specially developed for rodent IOP measurement.
Tips to know:
- Compare the various Icare tonometer models and their respective features using the chart located at http://www.icaretonometer.com/productfeatures/ . For information on the distribution of Icare tonometers in the US, go to http://www.icaretonometer.com/retailcountries/united-states/ .
- Icare tonometers do not require maintenance calibration or regular service. The devices are designed using parts that do not wear out; however, the probe base can collect dust or particles that can cause the movement of the instrument to be affected. The Icare user manual provides instructions on how to change the probe base.
- The Icare LINK software is a tool that comes with Icare PRO and HOME tonometers. It helps health care professionals to analyze measurement data, treatment efficiency, and long-term progression. Icare LINK allows professionals to examine accumulated measurement data, create numerical and graphical charges, and print single measurements on paper.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.