How Much Does an Industrial Piercing Cost?
An industrial piercing is many times referred to as a bar and is usually done in the ear lobe. Unlike a normal ear piercing, this kind of piercing uses a scaffolding technique. Also known as a scaffold or construction piercing, an industrial piercing will have two holes that are connected by a piece of jewelry.
How much does it cost?
- On average, an industrial ear piercing will be anywhere from $40 to $110. This will be the price for the piercing only and won’t include the jewelry.
- makemestunningjade.blogspot.com claimed that her industrial piercing costs $100.
What is going to be included?
- Before the piercing takes place, the technician will mark two holes with a marker. When approved by the person getting pierced (to make sure he likes to placement), the procedure will begin.
- The fact that the piercing goes through the cartilage gives it a little pinch depending on your pain threshold. This kind of piecing is usually done on the scaffolds of the ear where two piercings are done and a bar is put through to connect the two. The bars come in different designs depending on one’s preference. The piercing is as simple as any other with a slight difference in the execution.
- The areas where the insertions are made are sterilized and the needle is put in at an angle, and this is where the bar will go. The needle goes through, followed by an attached barbell through the two pieced points.
- The most common spot to have this piercing is through the earlobe; however, it can also be done through the bridge of the nose, lips, tongue and naval.
- Receiving two piercings simultaneously can hurt more than the average piercing. It can also take a longer time to heal.
- The piercer should always use a needle that is freshly out of the package or one that has been sterilized using an autoclave. The piercer should also wash his hands and then put on a fresh pair of gloves before the piercing begins.
What are the extra costs?
- The only extra cost that comes with this kind of piercing is the barbell you choose. Most come about 4 grams in weight and range from 8 to 20 gauge. Most piercers can choose to offer you a subsidized cost for the piercing and the bar or do the piecing separately. You can also choose to change the barbell after the healing process is over. Depending on the material, most pieces of jewelry will be around $10 to $60.
- While optional, tips are highly recommended. This is usually 15-20% of the total amount. For example, if you are charged $80 for the piercing, you should tip from $12 to $16.
- You may need to purchase a bottle of antiseptic to keep the site of the piercing clean.
- If you get an infection or have an allergic reaction, you may have to take out the piercing and may also have to visit the doctor and get antibiotics.
Tips to know
- Out of all piercings that can be done, this is one that can take the longest to heal. On average, it can take upwards of a year.
- To avoid having the ears closing up, it is best to clean the piercing at least twice a day.
- Never use a hand towel to clean the piercing. This can cause transfer germs from the towel to the jewelry.
- A sign of an infected piercing can include warmth and numbness in the area.
- When washing your hair, make sure that you keep shampoo and conditioner away from the piercing as much as possible. This can irritate the site and cause you more pain.
How can I save money?
- Cheaper parlors may cost you more than you think. It is wise to go to parlors that your friends or family have referred you to. Cheaper studios may be cheap for a reason.
- If you do n0t know where to turn, most studios will have their experience and prices noted on their website. If they do not, consider calling a few shops to get answers to your questions.
- To save money in the future, make sure that you take exceptional care of the piercing. Avoiding infections can save you a lot of money on doctor bills.
Advertising Disclosure: This content may include referral links. Please read our disclosure policy for more info.